be the first to hear about exclusive first-looks, super secret sales,
Hands down best jacket I’ve ever owned. I highly recommend it! Fits true to size.
This is my third jacket from Schott. It is absolutely beautiful. I am 5'10 175lbs with athletic build. I had to go with the large due to my wide shoulders. I love the slimmer cut of the 519. The quality is amazing. Made in the good ole USA.....2imho just get a Schott, there are no substitutes.
A must have for your collection. The perfect jacket always fit feel and quality . Great value for the price .
Unparalleled quality and craftsmanship. If you want the best leather jacket, you have to go with Schott. There is nothing else that even comes close.
I’m 5’9”, 160 lbs, 37” chest, 32” waist. Small fits like it was made for me whether worn open or zipped and belted up.
As others have mentioned it’s snug around the gut and belt and while I expect it to break in slightly with wear, it’s hard to imagine someone who sits tight in 34 Levi’s will be comfortable in a small.
IF you are like me, with a long, slim torso for your height you’ll find the back flap is long enough to cover your midriff and belt, but still short enough to elongate your legs. That’s right boys. It even makes you taller.
I’ve owned many motorcycle leather jackets over the years. Vanson, RSD, Dainese, Alpinestar, but nothing even comes close to the 519. I wanted more of a fashion leather and that’s why I choose the 519. I’m 6’1 185lbs with a 32 inch waist. After reading all of the reviews I went with a small and I’m happy with my choice. It is tight and hits just at my belt with the sleeves landing just passed my wrists. The more I wear it the more it conforms to my body. The medium would have been ideal if I wanted to layer, but since I won’t be riding much in this coat I’ll only be wearing a tee shirt underneath it. The leather of this coat is like a velvety butter, so soft but thick. It just begs for you to put it on. The 519 is unlike any coat I’ve owned. I’m looking forward to many many years with this and it will only get better with time. So happy I pulled the trigger. I’m sure customer service was sick of me but they are extremely helpful. Even though I went against their judgment and got the small lol.
But not the last. 5”6 128 lbs slim profile. My size is small. This jacket is truly slim and a perfect form fitting jacket. The quilted lining keeps me warm in Chicago winters. The brown color looks more radiant in person!
Like the last reviewer named Patrick, my name is also Patrick (but I’m not the same guy reviewing twice). I also bought it in black and brown.
* I did my online research because there’s no store near me to try this on.
* I chose the XL and it fits. I am 6 ft and 205 lbs. 37 inch waist. I wear size 44L (sport jackets). XL is snug on me, but not too tight. If I had gone with the XXL my guess is that it would be too loose and sloppy.
* I chose the 519 because of the leather choice (thick but supple).
* I wanted the longer length (27 inches), and I didn’t need football armpits.
* Plus the 519 has the “one star” on the shoulders which is iconic. (Brando, Joey Ramone, Elvis, etc.)
* I bought the black first, then a week later bought the brown.
* Note on the brown color: My 519 is a nice medium “warm” brown. It’s not as dark brown as the images show on the website. It’s not dark brown and it’s not tan - the color is somewhere in the middle. The brown seems to want to show scuffs more than the black 519. I wear the brown more often because I want it to get banged up.
* I now have six Schott jackets: 740 (leather version); 530, 121, and 2B3 (shearling). My guess is I’ll be buying more.
* Thanks to Schott customer service people for their help with my many questions along the way.
* I highly recommend the 519 to anyone looking for a great and iconic leather jacket.
Bought TWO. One black. Then a couple weeks later, I bought the brown. Crazy, I know… but the fit was just right. And it’s hard to find a good fitting Moto-style jacket. Nice leather feel. The brown actually shows wear almost immediately. So I’m looking forward to how it will look after a few months of wearing it. I’m 6 fit tall, and 200 lbs. 44L in sport coats/suits. XL fit me perfectly. If Schott made this in blue or red or green, I’d buy another one!
If I could I would have rated 4 and a half rather.
So I finally purchased a Schott jacket last week, I don't know why I've waited this long to buy one (I'm 52). I wanted the one star, so I had to decide between this one and the 613, after trying them both in a store, I purchased the 519 because I prefer the cut (it is longer and have no footballs), however I prefer the 613 leather type but you can't always get what you want...
This jacket is dope but why not 5 stars? Well first thing I noticed is the absence of the "made in USA "flag tag replaced with a basic "made in USA of imported material" one. The outside might be outstanding but the inside is not too thrilling IMO, I would have preferred something like the one you'd find in the 626 for example. The inside pocket is kind of cheap, but that's the retro look I guess. Last but not least, the collar snaps are there, the collar attachment should be included with the jacket!
That being said it is a cool jacket, Perfecto's are second to none.
Since 1913, we have stood behind the quality of our products. That's why for our customers, if you are not happy with your item, you can send it back to us, with no questions asked. Our return and exchange policy is valid for *30 days from when the item was shipped, and make sure the original tags are attached, and it has not been worn.
For US customers:
• Need to exchange an item? No problem. The shipping label for the first exchange is FREE
• Need to return an item? The shipping label is a flat rate label of $9.95
For more information on returns including for international customers please visit www.schottnyc.com/returns/