be the first to hear about exclusive first-looks, super secret sales,
I've wanted a leather jacket all my life. Last year, I bought my first from Schott, and I loved it. I decided to get another, slightly heavier version and settled on the P213. At first I was a little worried because it felt a bit tight.
(I'm 6 foot and well built and weigh about 200).
After a couple of days though, the leather contoured to my body and I am REALLY enjoying this piece. I got it in the Mustang color, which was actually a little darker than it appeared online, and I like it immensely.
Exceptional jacket. Worth the price. I have another in mind to purchase.
I purchased the Storm (P673) a few years back and can't say enough good things about it. With it's weight however, it is primarily a colder weather jacket. The quality of the jacket had already sold me on the Schott/Perfecto label, so when I decided on something a little lighter I knew where to look. The double rider look has always intrigued me but I was put off by all the decor on some of the jackets (epaulets, belts, stars, etc...). So when I came across the Raven (P213), which is quite basic, I was immediately drawn to it. With a little help from the folks at Schott Nyc I selected a L size (my Storm is an XL) and it fits as if it were tailored to me. I won't be wearing a hoodie underneath it (it wouldn't fit). I bought it to wear with t's, long and short sleeve and I couldn't be happier. FYI: I'm 6'3, 190 lbs, 43/4 inch chest, and a 35" waist. My sleeve length is 35 1/2 inches (from the base of my neck). I was concerned that while a L might fit better through the waist, it would come up short in the sleeves. This jacket is cut longer in the sleeves to allow for outstretched arms while riding.
I've spent a few bucks on the two Perfecto's I own and I am by no means a wealthy guy. I've learned though, that in the long run, quality pays as much as it costs. No regrets or buyers remorse here; just a couple of really nice leather jackets. TM
I’ve owned the jacket for the better part of a year now, and remain very pleased with the purchase. The leather comes out the box buttery soft and smelling wonderful and has surprisingly retained said smell even over the last year of wear and tear. It’s lovely.
The color of the jacket can vary a good deal- mine is more of a coppery reddish brown, which I actually find quite preferable to the online images. In some photos it’s a high luster brown, in others a more matte reddish brown depending on lighting. It’s really great. The stitching is of high quality, the leather has a great weight to it- perfect for spring and fall wear, even winter wear with a decent under shirt and thermal combination. It’s quite versatile. The lining is excellent. I am 5’ 9” with a broad chest and wide back, 32-33 waist. The jacket zips up decent through the chest but is boxy in the abdomen, which I’m not a fan of. Now we get to my cons.
There are a few issues I have that perhaps should not be present in a $1k+ jacket, as you are approaching custom pricing in this tier from my perspective. So what follows are a few of the cons I believe a discerning buyer may experience, although some may be hit or miss for others ymmv.
1) The jacket runs long, in both the sleeve and the body. If you tape it and compare to more modern cuts, it’s simply cut like a classic rider jacket. Looks great on the bike, and now that my sleeves have crumpled a bit also looks decent on the arm but. Sleeve rests at first thumb knuckle out the box. The body extends past the belt buckle unfortunately and will blow out when you sit down, which is sort of a bummer. I sized down but the arm holes were cut too narrow and with my build the jacket bunched up poorly at the shoulder. So if you’re my height and somewhat athletic, I’d beware the S even though it fits better through the body and on the sleeve length. I kept the M. The cutouts for the comfort flex back are also uneven, which was surprising at this price point. I measured the leather on both wings and it was materially different which leads to flare on one side while the other lies flat. Not a deal breaker just be aware.
2) No double zipper. Since you don’t have a double zip, when you are seated at an outdoor bar or restaurant the jacket will blow out at the stomach or fold, and ride high on the shoulder. Over a year of wear this has relaxed a bit but one would hope at this price point Schott would have included the dub zip solution for people sitting.
3) The leather itself is a double edged sword. It’s very supple but also extremely porous- this lambskin sucks up water like no other leather I’ve owned. If even a single thick raindrop hits it, it will stain very dark and cannot be removed except with some difficulty. I am nervous to even condition the leather with how much the color has changed at even a slight contact with water. Be aware that you will be checking the weather forecast religiously when you wear this piece, and wishing you had a more versatile waxed finish if you live in a rainy biome.
TL;DR, this is a really great jacket that has a few specific nitpicks that hold it back from being a perfecto, in my opinion. Don’t regret the purchase one bit but might spend a few extra dollars and try for a custom next time- $1300-1500 can get you a lot out there. Hopefully Schott makes some updates on these higher end jackets to keep them competitive.
This was a gift for myself for passing a big certification exam. It's the biggest clothing purchased I've ever made and also my first leather jacket. I cannot be happier with this jacket. It fits perfectly (I chose the slimmer option in the fit recommendation) and looks amazing. The only reason to not get this if you don't want to look amazing and get constantly complimented.
Very nice fit and finish. I just tried it on so it’s a bit early to say how it will hold up. The zippers are heavy duty. The lining is light weight making the jacket fit snug with easy movement. It looks good and fits my 68 year old 5’6”, 180 lb body just right. The sleeves are perfect length when in the cruiser motor riding position. The inside map pocket is generously cut. If you plan on concealed carry, this lining feels too thin. The pocket is big enough for even a large phone. I’m excited to spend some time wearing it to see how it wears in. I have a feeling this will be my new favorite!
Great jacket. I wanted something a bit more toned down than the likes of a 618 but still wanted to have that style. Since this is lamb it feels pretty much already broken in and the inner lining being some kind of smooth fabric makes it wear cool.
I ordered a large at first and the jacket was a bit too big especially the sleeves. I ordered a medium it fit perfectly and returned the large hassle free. Based on that my experience I’ll definitely be a return customer.
So rarely do I by myself something this nice but I've wanted a Schott jacket for a long time. I even worried I would have buyers remorse spending so much. All the changed the second I put on the jacket. It was like a second skin and fit perfectly. I will treasure this jacket for many years for sure.
Feels, smells and fits great. I am 5'10" 165 lbs. Medium is perfect. High quality. Soft, but substantial leather. Has that wonderful leather sound when you move. Understated classic. This is my third Schott jacket. Have the 740 Pea Coat and the 530 Cafe Racer. Love them all.
I absolutely love this jacket. My 1st real investment on a leather jacket, but I am really happy with the purchase. Superb quality, fit is excellent. This jacket deserves more than five stars 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
Since 1913, we have stood behind the quality of our products. That's why for our customers, if you are not happy with your item, you can send it back to us, with no questions asked. Our return and exchange policy is valid for 30 days from when the item was shipped, and make sure the original tags are attached, and it has not been worn.
For US customers:
• Need to exchange an item? No problem. The shipping label for the first exchange is FREE
• Need to return an item? The shipping label is a flat rate label of $9.95
For more information on returns including for international customers please visit www.schottnyc.com/returns/