ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Tommy388

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only Tommy388's laughter.

Style 601 Pants

I recently bought a pair of NOS 601 pants (that were somehow in my size) and was just curious to know more info on them. Mostly things like year produced, how they compare to the 600, etc.

I can't find any mention of these pants anywhere on the web, but it looks and certainly feels authentic to me. The Perfecto label looks identical to the one on my jackets. If this is vintage, then it must have sat in a box the whole time because it was literally creaseless until I tried it on. If someone told me it was made yesterday, I would believe it. 

I've included pictures.

Also, does anyone have any tips for breaking this in beyond simply wearing them?

Edit: Whoops pictures are upside down.

White tag Paper Labels Perfecto Label

Gail on 02/08/19 at 08:02 AM

The leather pants style #601 was the same style as our Boot cut pants style #604, but with contrast stitching. The style 601 was offered for one year in 1997. The barcode on the pocket ticket confirms this year. There is no quick way to break in the leather except to wear them a lot. Based on the age of the pants and depending on how they were stored, especially if they were covered with plastic, the leather may have become dried out. The pants my need some conditioning.

Gail

Tommy388 on 02/12/19 at 07:09 PM

Awesome! I was wondering if the inside tag has changed since then? This one has a Perfecto label like on the jackets, but a pair of 600 pants my friend has has a black Schott NYC label. He was quite jealous of this one haha.

Gail on 02/13/19 at 07:24 AM

Does your friend's pants have a pocket ticket also? We have made pants in other leathers which would have the Schott Black label and not a Perfecto label that only gets put into our higher grade leathers such as Naked Cowhide,  Steerhide or Horsehide. If you can post the pocket ticket and label from your friends pants I can then better tell you possibly why. Not sure but I can also check if a very vintage/old pair of pants originally had the Black Schott label.

Gail

Mh54480 on 02/14/19 at 02:08 PM

Hi Gail do you guys make a horsehide pair of leather pants?  Or is it just steerhide?

Gail on 02/15/19 at 07:48 AM

We have made pants in Horsehide and Naked Cowhide as well as the classic Steerhide.

Gail

TradCat on 02/16/19 at 06:03 AM

Mh54480 wrote:

Hi Gail do you guys make a horsehide pair of leather pants?  Or is it just steerhide?

The reasons horsehide makes an amazing jacket are the same reasons horsehide makes terrible pants And unless you ride or you're Jim Morrison, you really don't need a pair of leather pants.

Mh54480 on 02/16/19 at 08:02 AM

Tradcat I want to protect my horsehide leather jacket investment so it will age and last a long time.  What's your opinion on taking it out in the rain?  And what are the reason's horsehide makes a great jacket?  

TradCat on 02/16/19 at 12:30 PM

First off a jacket is not an investment. It's not going to give you a return on your money over time. Calling assets investments is what guys do to justify making large and technically unnecessary purchases.

That being said, I don't wear my leather when I know it's going to be ing buckets. If I happen to get caught in the rain, fine; rock n roll. But I personally don't get leather wet if I can help it. 

Beyond that I wouldn't obsess over it though, it is horsehide after all. It's naturally more water resistant and with the finish applied even more so. 

It is thin yet stiff and strong and water resistant as hell so it's a great leather jacket. For pants though you'd want something more supple and pliable and stretchy. 

But you don't ride and aren't Jim Morrison so don't get leather pants. If I saw you in public in leather pants and saw you get into a car I would make fun of you. I have to believe there's others out there like me.

Tommy388 on 02/16/19 at 12:50 PM

Gail wrote:

Does your friend's pants have a pocket ticket also? We have made pants in other leathers which would have the Schott Black label and not a Perfecto label that only gets put into our higher grade leathers such as Naked Cowhide,  Steerhide or Horsehide. If you can post the pocket ticket and label from your friends pants I can then better tell you possibly why. Not sure but I can also check if a very vintage/old pair of pants originally had the Black Schott label.

Gail

Sorry I don't have his pants on hand, but here is a picture of the exact tag I mentioned.

sl1600_160.jpg

Tommy388 on 02/16/19 at 12:52 PM

TradCat wrote:

But you don't ride and aren't Jim Morrison so don't get leather pants. If I saw you in public in leather pants and saw you get into a car I would make fun of you. I have to believe there's others out there like me.

You don't have to ride to wear leather pants. It just depends on the style of leather pants. Just like how you don't have to ride to wear a 618.

TradCat on 02/16/19 at 01:55 PM

No you're right you don't have to ride to wear leather pants; you can also be Jim Morrison. 

But he's not Jim Morrison, unless Jim Morrison flew out of that bathtub and was reincarnated as a parks and rec guy in North Carolina. 

Learher pants are incredibly impractical which is why they are reserved for riding and show business. If you can't see the glaring difference in leather pants and jackets vis-à-vis practical applications then we aren't going to benefit from discussing it further so you should probably just not respond to any of my comments ever again. Stay safe out there.

Tommy388 on 02/16/19 at 03:24 PM

TradCat wrote:

No you're right you don't have to ride to wear leather pants; you can also be Jim Morrison. 

But he's not Jim Morrison, unless Jim Morrison flew out of that bathtub and was reincarnated as a parks and rec guy in North Carolina. 

Learher pants are incredibly impractical which is why they are reserved for riding and show business. If you can't see the glaring difference in leather pants and jackets vis-à-vis practical applications then we aren't going to benefit from discussing it further so you should probably just not respond to any of my comments ever again. Stay safe out there.

I was talking about possibly looking out of place with leather pants, but I can see why some aspects of leather pants wouldn't work too great in everyday life. Even then a lot of that depends on the weight and style of the pants. I would say Schott's 600 looks normal enough but is on the heavier side.

Mh54480 on 02/16/19 at 05:49 PM

re 

Gail on 02/18/19 at 06:56 AM

It has been some years since we made these pants and probably longer for when we made them in other leather. It is possible the pants with the Black Schott label are not a Steerhide or a Naked Cowhide leather and have the Perfecto label. If his pants are not either one of these leathers then the Black could have been used. Does he have a pocket ticket in his pants with te style number of pants on it?

Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE