ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
BBerger

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only BBerger's laughter.

Snap question 118/618

In looking at the pics on the website, there appears to be a snap (if I am seeing it right)just over the label. What is this snap used for? Thanks!

Gail on 03/03/05 at 05:57 PM

Dear Bill, You are correct there are snaps on the labels and collar points. By snapping down the collar and labels it prevents them from flappy when riding. Gail 

BBerger on 03/05/05 at 12:40 AM

Gail, Thanks, but that's not the snap I am referring to. I am asking about the snap that can be seen just above the label when looking at the lining side. This snap is a single snap that actually snaps on the outside just below the collar on the back. It doesn't appear to have any other snap associated with it. I am wondering why it's there? Thanks again! Bill

Jason_Schott on 03/05/05 at 03:04 PM

Dear Bill,

This snap is used in conjunction with a removable Mouton (fur) collar.  Some time ago we stopped producing the snap-off fur collar and eventually removed the snap from the back of the jacket.  Some of our more vocal enthusiasts wanted the "original" Perfecto, and therefore we added back the snap.  Over the last couple of years we've even started making the fur collars again as this style has grown in popularity (once again).

The snap has become something of a trademark for us.  One of many small distinctions that makes our jackets stand out from all the rest.

Thank you for noticing!

Jason

BBerger on 03/07/05 at 05:10 AM

Jason, Thanks for the answer. Does that mean that one of those Mouton collars will fit on all 118/618 jackets with that snap? If so, how or where would I get one? Thanks again. Bill

Gail on 03/16/05 at 03:06 PM

Dear Bill,

The collar should fit the 118 & 618, but there could be exceptions based on the age of your jacket. We currently have stock in the synthetic Mouton pile collars. A Genuine Mouton fur collar would have to be special ordered. If these items are a interest to you please contact me through the customer service email: gail@schottnyc.com

Regards, Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE