ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Doudi10

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with Doudi10, for fear of being burned.

Sizing down in a 618

Hey guys, first of all happy holidays to all!

I plan on buying a perfecto 618 and am planning a ramones fit, so I want to size down, I got the exact measurements from denise but I want to ask here if anyone can share their experiences.

To start with, I am 5ft9 140lb with 35"chest and 30"waist, slim build.

I measured one of my denim jackets that fit me well, and noticed that a size 34 is shorter by 1 inch everywhere except in the sweep(waist) where it is shorter by 2 inches, however the perfecto sits higher up the waist compared to longer denim jacket.

Size 36 has a 1 inch shorter sweep and 0.5 inches shorter shoulders.

Should i go for the 34? Will it be too tight and will it stretch?

Thanks a lot!

RebelGreaser on 12/22/19 at 05:01 PM

im a 40 and size down toa 38 for 618 and 118 and it fits great , nice and slim. you should def go for 34

Doudi10 on 12/22/19 at 05:07 PM

RebelGreaser wrote:

im a 40 and size down toa 38 for 618 and 118 and it fits great , nice and slim. you should def go for 34

Thanks for the reply,

did the leather stretch? And how uncomfortable was it to move ur arms?

RebelGreaser on 12/22/19 at 05:13 PM

RebelGreaser wrote:

richgreene on 12/22/19 at 05:17 PM

Doudi10 wrote:
RebelGreaser wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

Leather doesn’t stretch.    It Rips

RebelGreaser on 12/22/19 at 05:34 PM

Doudi10 wrote:
RebelGreaser wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

Leather don't stretch . It's comfortable I have full movement . 

Doudi10 on 12/22/19 at 05:53 PM

RebelGreaser wrote:
Doudi10 wrote:
RebelGreaser wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

Leather don't stretch . It's comfortable I have full movement . 

Great fit you got there, thank you very much.

wolverine on 12/23/19 at 04:02 AM

Before you pull the trigger you may want to consider some other models that Schott offers...the 618 is a riding jacket and has a lot of room in the upper arms.  If you are slim with slim arms you do not need that extra material...look at the 519 or 626... something in their "fashion cut" line.  The upper arms will look more tailored rather than baggy.

Doudi10 on 12/23/19 at 11:37 AM

wolverine wrote:

Before you pull the trigger you may want to consider some other models that Schott offers...the 618 is a riding jacket and has a lot of room in the upper arms.  If you are slim with slim arms you do not need that extra material...look at the 519 or 626... something in their "fashion cut" line.  The upper arms will look more tailored rather than baggy.

Yeah I was thinking of getting the 613S, which is exactly the same as the 613 but without the underam footballs, I think it is closer to the vintage perfectos though right? I think a 613s would be perfect for that ramones look since most of the perfectos they wore during their times didnt have the underarm footballs.

I kinda wanted to go for the classic model that's why I have the 618/613 in mind.

wolverine on 12/23/19 at 01:32 PM

The 626 is very similar to the 618 in general looks minus the differences in leather weight and body insulation but the cut is very different.  I like the 613 since it has no snaps showing on the upper part of the collar and it has a shorter body length that works better for my build.  The nice thing about all of these styles is that they are a bit different it cut regarding body length, etc.  the sizing will also be slightly different...some are numbered sizes and others are letters...you could be between sizes in one model and find another model that works better.

This would be good for you since you want a tighter fit which can be tricky to nail by mail ordering just one size/style.  If you do some research with spec sheets or go to a Schott store you should be able to find something that fits how you want.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE