ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
schottuk

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only schottuk's laughter.

Seeking advice on my Schott 618 sizing

Hello,

I purchased this vintage Schott NYC 618 jacket (size 38) from a Japanese seller several months ago The barcode number on the pocket ticket is 10275 04252, though it is very blurry. And the jacket uses YKK zippers and Century Canada 55272 belt buckle. Thus, I assume it was probably made in 1995, right?

I'm not very sure whether this size fits me properly. My body measurement is: chest 35", waist 28", shoulder 16.5" (approximately), sleeve 22". When I put this jacket on, I feel it fits alright, but there is some space around my chest and waist. And the sleeves are a bit too long. Please refer to the photos I've attached, in which I wear the jacket with just a T-shirt. I've also attached some photos of my body for reference. I think I have a quite lean build.

I'm considering buying a brand new Schott 618 once I have more budget, because I really like the style and design of this jacket.  I'm looking for a more snug, tight fashion look jacket. Yet I hope I can wear a thin pullover under the jacket. I have checked the slim version like Schott 613S or 618, but I prefer the look of 618 (especially the arm design).

So my question is,  should I go for a size 36" for a tight fashion look? My friend even recommended size 34"! Will that look better on me? Or will 34" be too tight for me?

Looking forward to getting some suggestion here. Thanks!

193.JPG 278.JPG 369.JPG 454.JPG 544.JPG 627.JPG 721.JPG 816.JPG

Silasws77 on 01/02/19 at 11:31 PM

I believe if your chest size is a 34 you'd best go for a size 34 for a more fashion fit, or a size 36 for a more comfortable fit. Also if you're looking to unload the 38 do let me know, Ive been looking for a size 38 myself :D

schottuk on 01/03/19 at 04:05 AM

Silasws77 wrote:

I believe if your chest size is a 34 you'd best go for a size 34 for a more fashion fit, or a size 36 for a more comfortable fit. Also if you're looking to unload the 38 do let me know, Ive been looking for a size 38 myself :D

Thanks for your advice, Silasws77. I messured my chest again, and it actually is 35". Probably size 34 is a bit too tight for me? Especially if I want to wear a thin pullover under the jacket.

 

Currently I'm not selling my 38 yet, but I'll let you know when I'm going to. :-)

Dphillip on 01/03/19 at 09:01 AM

That jacket does look to big for you, if you want a snug fashion fit I agree with the previous post go with the 34.

If your torn between the 34 or 36 I would encourage you to order both and return the one you like less. Paying return postage is a small price to pay in order to get the perfect fit on a jacket that will last you a life time.

Gail on 01/03/19 at 10:22 AM

Based on a 35" chest size, I would recommend the size 36 in a 618 style, as the size 38 does appear to be too big on you. I think based on your user name you may be in the UK and ordering 2 jackets internationally and returning one canbecome very, very costly. I suggest you contact Denise in our customer service and request the spec measurements for the style 618, you can then compare the differences in measurements of the sizes to the size 38 you have now.

Gail

Silasws77 on 01/03/19 at 11:04 PM

schottuk wrote:
Silasws77 wrote:

I believe if your chest size is a 34 you'd best go for a size 34 for a more fashion fit, or a size 36 for a more comfortable fit. Also if you're looking to unload the 38 do let me know, Ive been looking for a size 38 myself :D

Thanks for your advice, Silasws77. I messured my chest again, and it actually is 35". Probably size 34 is a bit too tight for me? Especially if I want to wear a thin pullover under the jacket.

 

Currently I'm not selling my 38 yet, but I'll let you know when I'm going to. :-)

Definitely a 36 for ya, in my experience a half or  downfull size would be too small in the shoulders and cause some discomfort

Matte93 on 12/30/19 at 08:45 AM

Gail wrote:

Based on a 35" chest size, I would recommend the size 36 in a 618 style, as the size 38 does appear to be too big on you. I think based on your user name you may be in the UK and ordering 2 jackets internationally and returning one canbecome very, very costly. I suggest you contact Denise in our customer service and request the spec measurements for the style 618, you can then compare the differences in measurements of the sizes to the size 38 you have now.

Gail

So that thread is quite old but I'm in a similar situation as the original poster.

My chest size is around 34"-35" and I was looking forward getting a 36 (I'm fine with a larger fit, I think it looks a bit cooler/wild) but then I read a couple measurements and it looks like it is 16 1/4 shoulder-shoulder and I probably won't be able to get inside that jacket.

Would you suggest me to order a 38 first of try the 36?

Thanks!

 

Gail on 12/31/19 at 09:04 AM

A classic riding motorcyle jacket is not just based on your chest size. The jacket is designed for riding, longer sleeves, snug fit at the waist and a fuller sleeve for movement when riding. If a person has a athletic build they have to purchase a jacket to fit the shoulder/chest are, but then the waist will be loose. If a person has a waist size larger then their chest size or similar to their chest size, they they need a szie to accommodate the waist but will be large in the chest. On a size 36 the shoulder measurement is 16 3/4", size 38 is 17-1/2". I would also suggest you contact Denise in our customer service to email you the measurement specs for the 618, so you can compare all the measuremets for all sizes.

Gail

Email: Denise@schottnyc.com

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE
Reply