ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
PeterSilecchio

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with PeterSilecchio, for fear of being burned.

SCHOTT STYLE 637 IN BROWN?

HI,

JUST THOUGH I SHARE MY NEW ADTION TO MY SCHOTT COLLECTION.

STYLE 685 in Size 50.

Its Nice to find a Vintage SCHOTT Jacket in my Size 50.

COULD USE SOME INFORMATION ON THE TYPE LEATHER, THE COST NEW AND YEAR WAS MADE?

ALSO DID IT COME IN BLACK LEATHER ALSO?

Thank You

Peter

DDB7A92D4DDE4E7681765C80EA40BFCA1.jpeg 1AFCBEF269714009BCF2BD9F2EB288B51.jpeg FF80592794204C9F8D8FB256374ED7231.jpeg

Gail on 12/17/18 at 08:26 AM

Peter,

This is not the style #685, but the Vintage steerhide style #637, based on the barcode number this jacket was produced in 1995. We offered this style in our line for 1993 to 1996, the jacket was offered in Black & Brown and retailed at $320 in 1995.

Gail

PeterSilecchio on 12/17/18 at 10:50 AM

Hello Gail,

Thank You For the Great Information on my Jacket. The Seller Listed it as a 685.

Thank You for giving me the Correct Style Number.

Just goes to prove that SCHOTT MAKES THE BEST JACKETS.

Made in 1995 and 23 Years Old and the Leather Still looks New!

Gail, you Say Steerhide? Was a Finish Applied to the Leather when Made or  When it was In the Tanning Process?

Thank You

Peter

Gail on 12/18/18 at 08:26 AM

All leathers that have a finish such as the Steerhide are applied by the tannery. We do not apply any finishes to the jackets, though we do vintage some leathers in our factory for some of the vintage styles. Of course on any used jacket we never know what a previous owner has applied to the jacket, hopefully it is never a water repellent product.

Gail

PeterSilecchio on 12/18/18 at 08:36 PM

Hello Gail,

Thank You For Your Help.

Could I Ask one more Question? I Never saw a SCHOTT Jacket in Black Olive. Could you find a Picture of this Color Leather?

Thank You

Peter

Gail on 12/19/18 at 07:31 AM

Peter, wish I could help but I do not have a photo of the black olive color for you.

Gail

techexchange on 02/04/19 at 10:23 AM

Gail:was the 637 US made?

thanks

Gail on 02/05/19 at 07:09 AM

Yes the style 637 was made in the US, the jacket will have a Made in the USA Label. All jackets or for that matter anything sold in the US must have a label of origin. Jackets that we offer that are imports will have a label of origin. Please note jackets offered in Europe by our European distributors do not require a label of origin on imported styles they offer, but jackets in Europe made in the US will have a Made in USA label.

Gail

Jammster on 02/05/19 at 05:07 PM

Gail wrote:

All leathers that have a finish such as the Steerhide are applied by the tannery. We do not apply any finishes to the jackets, though we do vintage some leathers in our factory for some of the vintage styles. Of course on any used jacket we never know what a previous owner has applied to the jacket, hopefully it is never a water repellent product.

Gail

What would happen if a water repellent product was applied?

Gail on 02/06/19 at 07:32 AM

Water repellent products seal the pores on the hides which eventually dry rots the leather. Sealing leather dries up the natural oils in the hides. Oils in the leather will keep the jacket in good condition for years of wear. If you seal the leather, nothing can no longer be absorbed into the leather, so any conditioning of your jacket as it ages will not penetrate the hide, causing the jacket to become drier and drier and will eventually rot causing the leather to rip.

Gail

vomare1565 on 02/17/21 at 06:06 AM

Many homework on the continual hunt along with offstage on the road to winning. Definitely not attached, simple to-fall as a result of wayside; And not investigation, afterward into a path travel toward the black. ??? 1?

vomare1565 on 02/22/21 at 08:26 AM

Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. ??

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE