ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
lamplighter

FUNFACT: lamplighter can unscramble an egg.

Schott motorcycle jacket steerhide size 40 1980's era

For sale is a Schott motorcycle jacket from the 1980's. I'm not sure which exact model it is, but the jacket is of the 613/618 model *fit*, with steerhide leather. It is in very good condition, which is amazing for its age. I had the jacket professionally cleaned inside and out. $150 plus shipping

schott_front1.JPG schott_back3.JPG schott_label3.JPG schott_sleeve_right.JPG schott_sleeve_left.JPG

Gail on 10/21/11 at 08:17 AM

Please note we have always used our Perfecto labels in our motorcycle jackets since 1928, though they may have changed in appearance through the years. In the 1980's motorcycle jackets & A/2 flight jackets became a fashion trend and the market was filled imported jackets of lesser quality. Schott wanted to offer customers a jacket made in the USA at a great price point  with quality construction and materials.

A Perfecto jacket is made of the highest quality grade skins, other hides though as strong and thick have scarring and tic marks these hides are a lesser grade. These lesser grade hides are imprinted with a grain print to hide these imperfections. If you look at the photos you can see this grain print. This did not take away the durability or construction of the jacket, but the hides were not the same Grade A we use in our Perfecto jackets. We could not use the Perfecto label, in these price point jackets, we used our regular Schott label, also the DuroJac and another label that read 418-453-474SM. These labels were used in our 400 & 500 range style of jackets. Though the jacket does not have a Perfecto label, the quality of these jacket s show after 25 years, the jacket is in great condition. Gail

lamplighter on 10/21/11 at 10:19 AM

Thanks Gail! It appears I misread my Schott history there. I changed the ad to reflect this new information.

Gail on 10/21/11 at 11:20 AM

You were correct that it is from the 1980's, just wanted to clear of the Perfecto label part. I did not want you getting a complaint from someone who collects jackets and knows the different labels on when & why they were used. You can check in the small change pocket for a white ticket, if the ticket is still in the pocket it will have the style # of the jacket. I am thinking it is a 518 or a 418 style number. Gail

lamplighter on 10/31/11 at 01:14 PM

bump for price drop

lamplighter on 11/08/11 at 12:10 PM

price drop again

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE