ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
shot_out_hood

FUNFACT: shot_out_hood can kill two stones with one bird.

Schott NYC Perfecto 118 Repair

Hello. I have a 60's Schott NYC Perfecto 118. I was wondering if Schott NYC would do repairs for a charge? If not, does someone know of a place where to have repairs done to it? Repairs such as replace the pockets, repair the lining, etc. Thanks.

Gail on 03/24/05 at 02:20 PM

Welcome to our message board!

While we do repair jackets, we do not do repairs on jackets once they reach a certain age, your jacket is 40 years old. We have found that materials become weaken and deteriorate with age, especially if the jacket has not been maintained by cleaning and conditioning every few years.  Once you start taking a older jacket apart it is like opening Pandora's box, making additional repairs needed to repair or replace other worn items in the jacket, that did not hold up while opening the jacket up.

In addition based on the repairs need it would be costly due to the labor involved, repairs on linings and zippers where the jacket has to be taken apart to do properly are very time consuming adding to the labor cost. In addition if we no longer offer the jacket and patterns need to be made for the lining it would be a additional cost.

I have listed a website that you can check and hopefully locate someone in your area or a company that would restore this vintaged jacket for you. Gail

LEATHER APPAREL ASSOC.

shot_out_hood on 03/31/05 at 04:23 AM

Thank you Gail. I have contacted them and awaiting a response. Also, could the lining for the 118 be obtained from you if I do find someone that will repair the vintage jacket?

Gail on 04/08/05 at 02:03 PM

We could supply the lining material for you. Since the jacket is from the 60's and we have had pattern changes through the years, we could not supply the cut pattern lining as it may not fit your jacket, but we could send the quilt to be cut by the tailor to fit your jacket.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE