ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Scottyrebels81

FUNFACT: The X-Men get up every Saturday Morning to watch Scottyrebels81.

Schott bros. Dur-o-jac 518 Ebay buy

Hello to all concerned,

I am a first time Schott bros. Perfecto owner and a first time poster to this forum.

I purchased a 518 Dur-o-jac Perfecto last week as my birthday present. The jacket came from Indonesia , and for what I paid, I now feel I should've just sprung the extra $50 for the 118. The jackets beautiful, no doubt, but it is certainly well worn. In some area's the leather is just about to give out. I may get just a few year's of Mileage before I have to officially retire it, if im lucky.

I have a few questions:

1. How long would you give this jacket

2. I cleaned up the jacket last night using the process of wiping down w a damp micro fiber cloth and then applying saddle soap. Next up I applied Howard's leather conditioner. I rubbed the entire jacket down with this. Lastly, I hung the jacket up to cure overnight. Was this correct? What is the correct or best way of applying leather conditioner? 

3. Judging by the photo's, can you date this jacket? I am curious of its age. 

And finally, whay do you think? What's your opinion, suggestions, thoughts?

Thank you for your time . Considering it's age and wear, I still couldn't have asked for a better gift for my birthday. 

Scotty

_32.JPG _33.JPG _3_4.JPG _3_3.JPG _3_21.JPG _3_11.JPG

Gail on 04/14/15 at 07:29 AM

Scotty, based on the pocket ticket having no bar code the jacket was produced prior to 1993. In the mid-80's the motorcycle jacket became a fashion trend. The market was flooded with imports and Schott wanted to offer a better USA made jacket at a lesser cost. In 1985 we offered the style 518 with the Duro Jac label. Because the leather used in these jackets were corrected hides meaning the scars and tic marks were covered with a pebbled print and priced at a lesser cost we were able to offer the Duro Jac line of jackets. Other then the print on the leather leather all workmanship and other materials used were the same. Our Perfecto Brand jackets in the Naked cowhide & Steerhide leather  (118 & 618) are all produced in Grade A & B hides and have a smooth clean appearance and because of the higher grade are more costly and retain the Perfecto label.

I cannot comment on how long rhis jacket will last you as on any used jacket you never know the jackets complete history and how the previous owner/owners cared for the jacket. You do not know if the previous owner or owners had the jacket periodically professionally cleaned and condition. By professionally cleaning the dirts and sweat is removed from the linings and stitching which can cause deterioration and rotting of these materials. Conditioning through the years also prevents the hides from dry rot. I always recommend any used clothing should be professionally cleaned to remove the dirt and sweat from a previous owner, and you are starting your wear in a clean jacket.

Gail

Scottyrebels81 on 04/16/15 at 11:10 PM

Gail wrote:

Scotty, based on the pocket ticket having no bar code the jacket was produced prior to 1993. In the mid-80's the motorcycle jacket became a fashion trend. The market was flooded with imports and Schott wanted to offer a better USA made jacket at a lesser cost. In 1985 we offered the style 518 with the Duro Jac label. Because the leather used in these jackets were corrected hides meaning the scars and tic marks were covered with a pebbled print and priced at a lesser cost we were able to offer the Duro Jac line of jackets. Other then the print on the leather leather all workmanship and other materials used were the same. Our Perfecto Brand jackets in the Naked cowhide & Steerhide leather  (118 & 618) are all produced in Grade A & B hides and have a smooth clean appearance and because of the higher grade are more costly and retain the Perfecto label.

I cannot comment on how long rhis jacket will last you as on any used jacket you never know the jackets complete history and how the previous owner/owners cared for the jacket. You do not know if the previous owner or owners had the jacket periodically professionally cleaned and condition. By professionally cleaning the dirts and sweat is removed from the linings and stitching which can cause deterioration and rotting of these materials. Conditioning through the years also prevents the hides from dry rot. I always recommend any used clothing should be professionally cleaned to remove the dirt and sweat from a previous owner, and you are starting your wear in a clean jacket.

Gail

Hey gail :-)

Thank you for taking the time to write back. The info is much appreciated. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my criticism of this jacket. Yeah, it's certainly well worn, but after having worn it now a few time's, I've come to realize that it fits and feels beautifully. It's a great jacket, and I'm proud to wear it. If I only get a few year's of wear outta of it, I'll still be happy, and I don't think I'll be letting this go anywhere. You guy's are the best, you really are. 

Scotty

TS111 on 02/20/19 at 04:15 PM

It’s been 4 years now and I’m wondering if Scotty is still wearing this 518 jacket? I thought it looked great in the photos. I’m even considering a secondhand Duro-Jac 518 right now myself. 

Bahabp100 on 02/20/19 at 10:57 PM

I have a Durojac for sale size 50. If anyone is interested 

Bahabp100 on 02/20/19 at 10:58 PM

I have a Durojac for sale size 50. If anyone is interested 

TS111 on 02/21/19 at 07:05 AM

Bagabp100,

What are the measurements on that size 50? How does it fit compared to a 618 in size 48? Thanks. 

Bahabp100 on 02/21/19 at 11:06 PM

TS111 wrote:

Bagabp100,

What are the measurements on that size 50? How does it fit compared to a 618 in size 48? Thanks. 

I will measure it and post some pictures of it this weekend 

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE