ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
blackkeys

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only blackkeys's laughter.

Schott 654 - How to remove shine from leather?

Hi!

I bought a new Schott 654 leather jacket. Fits perfect. But there is to much shine on the leather.

How can I make this jacket less shiny without weraring it for the next 10 years? How can I remove the gloss of the leather to make it look more "vintage"?

Any recomandations?

Thanks for your help.

spedry on 03/09/15 at 06:55 AM

I bought a 618hh in the haIf of January, I wear it  5 /6 times and the Ieather is aIready changed. I dont think you have to wait  10 years. This is the "vintaged era", but for  me NEW and SHINY is cooI !!

Ciao Enrico

Gail on 03/09/15 at 11:12 AM

There is no quick fix to remove the finish on the jacket. It will become vintage in appearnce with time and wear, te more you wear te jacket the sooner it will age. If you have not worn the jacket and the tags are still on the jacket, you can return the jacket and get the 654VN which is the vintaged leather for this style. 

Gail

vegaspunk on 03/09/15 at 12:23 PM

For what it's worth, I have tried on the 626 and 654 jackets and found a good fit, only to find that I needed a size larger in the 626VN and the 654VN.  The process that gives the leather that "vintage" look, also appears to shrink the leather somewhat and make the jacket tighter, at least that's what I found.  Anyway, just be careful with size if you swap out the regular finish with the vintage without trying it on first.

Diesel on 03/09/15 at 08:25 PM

I dunno.  For me (anyway), the whole point of a good leather jacket is making it yours by close and steady association.  Just wear it and you will vintage it to your specs.  And sooner than you think.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE