ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
spedry

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with spedry, for fear of being burned.

SCHOTT 626

Hi ! My  name  is  Enrico  from  Italy .

Today I went to to the store to buy a Perfecto 618, but wen I saw a 626 model l changed immediately idea and I bought it.

I have many Schott jackets but this one is the coolest!

The question is: why it is not a Perfecto? I would also like to ask you what the appropiate pronunciation of Schott, Skott or Shott?

Thank you and forgive my english. Ciao Enrico!

FearAndFlashbacks on 12/16/14 at 11:37 PM

I can't answer your question about the perfecto, but I know that it's pronounced 'shot'

spedry on 12/17/14 at 03:10 AM

ThanK you "flash"!

Gail on 12/17/14 at 01:16 PM

The style 626 is based more on a fashion style motorcle jacket. The jacket has a much slimmer fit, lighter weight leather, and a light weight fashion plaid lining. The classic motorcycle jackets are of heavier leather include different features and different body fit for riding. Using the Schott label in the jacket makes customers aware that this jacket is different then the Classic Perfecto jackets.

Gail

spedry on 12/17/14 at 02:38 PM

Thank Ms. Gail 

Diesel on 12/17/14 at 08:11 PM

Okay - now I've got a question (or two):  Does that mean that the Perfecto label always identifies a jacket made for the demands of riding?  What about the 619?  The one in my closet is a Perfecto, but I didn't think for a moment that it was meant for two wheeled transportation needs.

Gail on 12/18/14 at 06:25 AM

The style 619 has the Gold "Perfecto Brand" label in the jacket. This label represents a line of Perfecto jackets, that are variety of special jackets made under this label. You can view this special line on the site under the option "Brands" and they range from leather, wool, flight satin, waxwear and other outer wear materials. These jackets are limited edition jackets and as you can see all style numbers start with a "P". Originally the style was P619 with a wool plaid lining and was offered in this special Perfecto Brand label of jackets in the Fall collection of 2012. The style P619 also had the fit for riding with includes the bi-swing back, which makes the jacket very popular for riding in warmer climates. 

Because of the great demand for this lighter weight vintage cowhide riding style the jacket was then offered as the 619. The style was changed slightly, replacing the wool plaid lining to the cotton plaid but keeping the Perfecto Brand line label, as it is consider a riding jacket based on the accommodating fit for movement when riding and not the slimmer fashion fit of the 626.

spedry on 12/18/14 at 06:50 AM

Excuse me at what time do you start work?

Gail on 12/18/14 at 07:14 AM

I retired last March from Schott, but I do go into the factory one day a week and reply to our blog post each day from home on my IPad. I am a early riser so when I am having my morning coffee I reply to our blog members. During the day I will check the posts when time allows, being able to reply from kitchen in PJ's make it really easy.

Gail

spedry on 12/18/14 at 07:54 AM

Nice! You really love your job, sounds good!

Ciao Enrico

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE