ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
leathertime

FUNFACT: leathertime can kill two stones with one bird.

Schott 617 Question

Hello.

I recently acquired a near mint Schott 617 jacket with removable zip-in liner.  Any info on this jacket would be much appreciated.  Thank you. 

Gail on 05/20/14 at 03:10 PM

I need you to post some photos of the jacket and a photo of the white pocket ticket with the numbers on it. We had a style #617 in 1984 but it did not have a zip-out liner, we did offer a style #619 that did have a zip-out liner. I will need more information and photos to determine what jacket this is and when it was made. Could the style be a 671,which does have a zip-out liner? Please include a photo of the main label and the names on the front & sleeve zipper pulls. Gail

leathertime on 05/20/14 at 09:29 PM

Gail..Here are the pics you asked for.. All zippers are YKK, snaps say SCHOTT. I web researched this Model, and am guessing that it could be a European Issue ??? Thank you !

IMG_7525.JPG IMG_7526.JPG IMG_7528.JPG IMG_7529.JPG IMG_7530.JPG IMG_7531.JPG

Gail on 05/21/14 at 07:14 AM

The jacket is not a european style, the jacket was produced in the US. I am thinking this may be a special production jacket we made for a company, with the zip-out liner and the YKK zippers. Based on the pocket ticket and the YKK zippers on the jacket, I believe this jacket was made in 1993. The 5th. digit on the bar code is a "3" which represents the year the jacket was made. Since I could not locate the jacket in the older catalogs it leads me to think it was a special cut because in 1993 our front zippers had our "Schott" logo pull, unless a special zipper was requested for special production by the customer. On the back of the buckle is the company name "Century"? Gail

Gail on 05/21/14 at 06:10 PM

Update on the jacket, the style was a special production style we made for our distributor in Italy. It was not offered in the US but it was produced in the US for Italy, based on the bar code the jacket was made in 1993. Gail

leathertime on 05/21/14 at 06:51 PM

Gail...The rear side of the Buckle reads Century Canada 55272. P.S. Any chance of this set up being made for the U.S. Market? I snapped this one up as I had wanted a traditional jacket with a removable liner, but not in the Model 125 style. Thank you for all of your efforts !

Gail on 05/22/14 at 06:31 AM

Being retired and replying to the blog from home, I no longer know what is in the pipe line of styles that may be offered in the future. Each year new styles and new options are offered in the jackets. Old styles may be updated and once again be offered in the line, but for now it seems you have found a very nice vintage jacket. Enjoy your rare find. Gail

treeman on 11/15/15 at 01:32 AM

Gail wrote:Being retired and replying to the blog from home, I no longer know what is in the pipe line of styles that may be offered in the future. Each year new styles and new options are offered in the jackets. Old styles may be updated and once again be offered in the line, but for now it seems you have found a very nice vintage jacket. Enjoy your rare find. Gail

Your retired?

Gail on 11/15/15 at 07:28 AM

I did retire about 2 years ago, but after a few months home I went back to work one day a week. Even though I retired I always would reply to the blog inquiries and emails from home. This past August I did become ill so I can do the blog & emails from home at this time. I hope once my Chemo is finished and I have my strength back I can once again go back to work. I worked for Schott 33 years and I miss not being at the factory, they are a great family.

Gail

treeman on 11/15/15 at 09:51 AM

Gail wrote:

I did retire about 2 years ago, but after a few months home I went back to work one day a week. Even though I retired I always would reply to the blog inquiries and emails from home. This past August I did become ill so I can do the blog & emails from home at this time. I hope once my Chemo is finished and I have my strength back I can once again go back to work. I worked for Schott 33 years and I miss not being at the factory, they are a great family.

Gail

I hope that you will be feeling much better soon and will be able to return to the factory asap. Thanks for continuing to do the blog and share your expertise with all of us Schott lovers.

Shinzon73 on 01/17/16 at 09:23 AM

My 617  have he 5th. digit on the bar code is a "3" but my zipper is Ideal,what is the difference?

Gail on 01/17/16 at 06:11 PM

We used both YKK & Ideal in 1993, so it is possible your jacket could be firm 1993 also or possible 2003. Is there a name on the back of the buckle an what name is on the sleeve pulls?

Gail

Shinzon73 on 01/18/16 at 02:32 AM

Gail wrote:

We used both YKK & Ideal in 1993, so it is possible your jacket could be firm 1993 also or possible 2003. Is there a name on the back of the buckle an what name is on the sleeve pulls?

Gail

20160118_082129_resized1.jpg 20160118_082410_resized1.jpg

Shinzon73 on 01/18/16 at 02:47 AM

Gail wrote:

Gail

The bar code is 1479305005

Gail on 01/18/16 at 05:33 AM

This jacket is actually from the same production lot of the first inquiry on this post. The first four numbers in the bar code represents the lot number, both jackets have the lot #1479 which means they are from the same production lot. As I posted previously it was production for our distributor in Italy in 1993.

Gail 

danigramm on 11/08/20 at 03:23 PM

How are you Gail, I hope you are back in full swing 

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE