ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Matte93

FUNFACT: Matte93 can unscramble an egg.

Schott 518 Dur o Jac

Hi, I was looking forward buying a used vintage Schott leather jacket and I found that offer: https://www.subito.it/abbigliamento-accessori/schott-perfecto-giacca-di-pelle-harley-davidson-hd-bologna-263683220.htm

I'm not a leather jacket expert but the condition looks pretty good to me and also the price seems fair but I got a couple of questions; first of all I was wondering if it would fit me well, this is a size 38 and I'm 1.82m but very skinny, my chest circumference is around 88cm.

My second question instead is about comparing the vintage 518 dur o jac style to a modern jacket style, is it more similar to a 118 or a 618?

I'm asking that since I really like the harder leather on the 618 but I prefer a longer jacket as the 118.

Thanks for the infos.

Gail on 12/26/19 at 11:41 AM

I wish I could give you more help with sizing, but I can not. The vintage 518 was produced in the 80's when motorcycle jackets became a fashion item. The market was flooded with cheap imports, Schott wanted to offer a jacket made in the US with quality materials and workmanship but with a lower cost. Our classic Perfecto jackets. The 618 & 118 were made from very high grade A/B hides which were very clean from markings, scarring and tick marks. The same type of hides that were not as clean were processed with a imprint, mostly a pebble appearance to hide the defects. The hide was the same weight and durability as the higher grade hides but were less expensive. Unfortunately we no longer have the spec measurements for the vintage style such as the 518, so I am unable to compare the sizing to other jackets. If general if your chest is 88cm then you would be a size 34 in US sizing so a 38 size would be big on you.

Gail

Matte93 on 12/26/19 at 01:41 PM

Gail wrote:

I wish I could give you more help with sizing, but I can not. The vintage 518 was produced in the 80's when motorcycle jackets became a fashion item. The market was flooded with cheap imports, Schott wanted to offer a jacket made in the US with quality materials and workmanship but with a lower cost. Our classic Perfecto jackets. The 618 & 118 were made from very high grade A/B hides which were very clean from markings, scarring and tick marks. The same type of hides that were not as clean were processed with a imprint, mostly a pebble appearance to hide the defects. The hide was the same weight and durability as the higher grade hides but were less expensive. Unfortunately we no longer have the spec measurements for the vintage style such as the 518, so I am unable to compare the sizing to other jackets. If general if your chest is 88cm then you would be a size 34 in US sizing so a 38 size would be big on you.

Gail

Isn't in general a size 34 short if I'm 1.82m?

Maybe I can try to look for a size 36, it's fine if it looks a bit loose.

Gail on 12/27/19 at 10:18 AM

At 1.82cm you are approximately 6' and depending if you have a long torso most of our jackets will be short on you. Going from a size 34 to a size 36 will not add length to the jackets, the length is graded from 32 to 38 or 40 as being the same length, sizing up adds width the the jacket not length until the jacket is say a size 40 then the length will increase about 1" for sizes to size 44, then once again larger sizes will increase the length. Unfortunately if you are a person that is tall and thin or a person with a athletic build you will have a problem in motorcycles styles, as smaller sizes will be short on a tall thin person. We do offer the style 118L in our line which is a Long size and would have a back length of 27" in a Long from size 32 - 38

Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE