ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Bporterfield

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only Bporterfield's laughter.

Schott 211

Hey guys,

Found a beltless 211 the other day in a slivery blue, with black hardware, in a pebbly leather. It  fits like a slim 519. But, I can't find any info on it. Can you help me out?

IMG_20191126_1332411.jpg Screenshot_201911260732021.jpg

Gail on 11/29/19 at 08:38 AM

Based on the pocket ticket it appears this jacket was a Sample lot production jacket. The 1st four numbers on the 0563 represents the lot #, starting with a "0" represents a sample lot. The 5th digit "3" represents the year it was produced which could be 1993, 2003 or 2013. I could not locate this style in any of our catalogs for those years. In 2013 we did offer some pebbled cowhide styles in a navy color, so I am thinking it could be a 2013 jacket. It may have been added to our line during the year after our catalog were made. I will check with our designer if he has a records for the style.

Gail

Bporterfield on 11/29/19 at 03:41 PM

Gail wrote:

Based on the pocket ticket it appears this jacket was a Sample lot production jacket. The 1st four numbers on the 0563 represents the lot #, starting with a "0" represents a sample lot. The 5th digit "3" represents the year it was produced which could be 1993, 2003 or 2013. I could not locate this style in any of our catalogs for those years. In 2013 we did offer some pebbled cowhide styles in a navy color, so I am thinking it could be a 2013 jacket. It may have been added to our line during the year after our catalog were made. I will check with our designer if he has a records for the style.

Gail

Thanks for looking into it for me! I'm excited to hear what they say.   

It's a great fitting jacket either way, in a super light leather.

Thanks!

Gail on 12/03/19 at 08:09 AM

Our designer was able to provide some information on the style 211. In 2013 we produced the jacket for Lucky Brand which he tells me was the style 211LB. On this jacket's  pocket ticket the first 4 numbers of the barcode "0563" is a sample lot number because it starts with a "0", the 5th digit is a "3" which represents the year 2013. This sample lot could be samples for Lucky Brand or we made samples for our line and was added to our line after our catalog was made, or it was decided not to add to our line. I am sorry I do not have a exact answer but this is the history I have to pass along.

Gail

Bporterfield on 12/03/19 at 08:27 AM

Gail,

Thanks for the quick turn around.  I had a a feeling it might have been a collaberation jacket or a sample/ small run. Even still, Im pumped on the jacket! Thanks

LordOfLeather on 06/04/20 at 09:44 PM

Hi Gail,

Hi just picked up this exact same jacket with the same details on the tag, except the last two digits are 07 instead of 11.  Based on your explanation above, I'm assuming this is from the same sample lot.  

What I'm wondering is if you can figure out anything else about the leather type from the infromation you have?  The tag says cowhide, but I'm curious if it's the naked cowhide, natural pebbled cowhide, etc.  I have the 525 with natural pebbled cowhide, but this 211 feels more oily than that.  It's closer to the feel of the 519 leather, but not a pullup leather and less oily.  

I thought I read somewhere that the first number of the model indicates the leather type.  Like all 6XX jackets are steerhide, all 1XX jackets are naked cowhide, etc.  Is that accurate?  If so, can you share that helpful guide with me?  

No worries if you can't figure out any more information than you already have.  I just like to understand the leather details as much as possible.  It's a beautiful jacket and I'm very happy with it.  

Thanks!

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE