ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
annoluce

FUNFACT: annoluce can kill two stones with one bird.

Pls help: 184SM identification and authenticity

Dear friends,

I'm a long time owner of a 184SM jacket from the 80s. I now found a second hand jacket, because I need a 44 size. Before buying this jacket I kindly request your consultancy to know if the jacket I found is authentic. There are differences vs the one I own: internal lining does not show indeed the "Schott" trademark, mine does.

Now, in the second-hand jacket pocket ID plate I found the following:

Serial: 1054407019

LOT 44 BNDL 009

Please check photos of the jacket here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKqWKeX

Would be extremely grateful if you could reply and help me grant authenticity of this jacket, and also identify model/period.

Thanks

Max

annoluce on 01/02/20 at 07:53 PM

Anyone? Please, I need to proceed with an offer... Thanks!

Gail on 01/03/20 at 08:18 AM

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your post, but with the holidays I am playing catch up. Unfortunately I could not open your link. Based on the barcode number and the 5th digit being a  4 it could be 1994, 2004, or 2014. I would need a photo of the jacket. Also to confirm a year: Name on front zipper pull, is leather care label Leathercraft or Arrow leather care? Are pocket linings white or Black, is the lining plain or Schott logo? Is the zip-out zipper metal, nylon or coil?

Gail

annoluce on 01/03/20 at 09:43 AM

Dear Gail,

thank you so much for replying! 
not sure why the link does not work... please try copy/paste in browser, it points to a Flickr album where you can see the pics of the jacket.

internal lining has no Schott logo... is it normal? It's dark.
internal lining to pockets is white.

Zip pull is metal and square, with Schott NYC written on it.

please also advise how I can add photos to this post, thanks a lot for supporting me.

max

annoluce on 01/03/20 at 06:24 PM

Hey Gail please I upload some photos, can you confirm authenticity thanks!

I need to buy the jacket tomorrow or I'll lose the deal!

Cheers

Max

WhatsApp_Image_20200102_at_131.jpeg tag tag2 tag3 zip WhatsApp_Image_20200102_at_1310.jpeg

annoluce on 01/04/20 at 01:16 PM

Dear Gail

Every day every 2 hours or so I come on this forum and check if I get any advice or reply. It is clear I won't get any further help from Schott nor from any other user .

I will buy the jacket anyway. 

Thanks 

Max

Gail on 01/05/20 at 08:58 AM

Max,

I am sorry you feel that way, but I do try to reply to all our posts within a reasonable time. I see my last post to you and your last post to me was on 1/3, today is 1/5. On weekends I do reply on Saturday's to posts, but because yesterday I did not feel well from a cancer treatment I am replying to all on Sunday. If you check on our forum I have answered numerous posts daily from Christmas to now. There are numerous people posting each day and only one me. But to finally have your photos I can now answer your question the jacket, was made in 2004.

Gial

annoluce on 01/06/20 at 05:39 PM

Sorry to hear that Gail.

Apologize if I insisted. I did not want to bother. Finally I bought the jacket and I'm very happy with it. 

Thanks for your support and all the best, good luck .

Max

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE