ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Magnus

FUNFACT: Kanye West lets Magnus finish before giving his opinion.

Perfecto 618 fitting

Hi from Italy! I bought a Perfecto 618 size 38 used, and i d like to know if the fit it' s correct, i ve never had a jacket like this, so i ask your opinion!

it seems to be tight in the shoulders when i wear a light pullover and it s zipped up... i don' t know if i had to size up to a 40

IMG_09511.JPG IMG_09541.JPG IMG_09521.JPG

Goggles on 10/26/17 at 11:12 PM

Congratulations on your 618! A fine jacket and one of my favorites.

I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions on this, but from what I see it looks like a really nice fit. Personally, I think these jackets are ace fashion statements and look best over a t-shirt or a light dress shirt (I've even worn mine with a shirt and tie to "smart casual" events). If you can breathe with it zipped up and you can move your arms forward without feeling like you're going to rip a seam (which you won't in this jacket), I say you've got a nice fit.

I say it looks good. If it's cold enough that you need a woolly pullover underneath, just throw on a pea coat. I don't think these jackets look good when you have too much room to swim around in them like some overcoats do.

Congrats again. That jacket looks to be in great shape.

Asalazar304 on 10/26/17 at 11:47 PM

Nice man

It looks pretty good in my opinion!
How are the sleeves ?

Magnus on 10/28/17 at 04:50 AM

The sleeves end at the right point, i think.

Basically, the only negative thing is that underneath my Perfecto i can only wear tshirt and light waistcoat/cardigan, but probably is the best look for this kind of jacket.

If there is a cold weather, is better to change type and wear a coat or a M65 jacket.

The cut on the back is also very high, the belt on the jeans is uncovered, but i noticed it s the standard 618's cut.

This kind of leather is noisy right now, but i think it s comfortable and durable... so i' ll keep this jacket.

Gail on 10/28/17 at 10:53 AM

The style 618 is a smaller cut jacket and on our website we do recommend to size up from your chest size. That being said an individual's person preference in fit always determines the size he purchases. The jacket does look to have a a more snug fashion fit on you, where as a rider would want a less constrictive fit in the shoulder area for when riding. Since you purchased used you can not size up, so you will need to decide if the jacket is a comfortable enough fit for you and that you will not be able to use a hoody under the jacket. 

Gail

crippe on 10/29/17 at 07:11 AM

I think the size looks great on you. You could always get a size larger too so you can switch between them depending on if you want a thicker shirt underneath. I have two 613’s, size 38 and 40 :)

camaro82 on 10/30/17 at 04:20 PM

Nice fit !

I 've got same jacket also in 38 bought one year ago (after long hesitation  between 613/626)

Im 169cm tall and 65kg and fit perfect on me too ,in casual situation and also when  i ride my moto guzzi for short ride.

Just 2 things:

-the underarm football in the 618 behind look is a little bit weird for casual (the 613/626 dont have them)

-The jacket really need breaking time to be less stiff and rigid look.

Best jacket ever bought. ..really love it! More you wear it,more you like.

IMG_57201.JPG IMG_57212.JPG IMG_57221.JPG IMG_57291.JPG IMG_57271.JPG

brianlitterll on 10/31/17 at 12:30 AM

camaro82 wrote:

Nice fit !

I 've got same jacket also in 38 bought one year ago (after long hesitation  between 613/626)

Im 169cm tall and 65kg and fit perfect on me too ,in casual situation and also when  i ride my moto guzzi for short ride.

Just 2 things:

-the underarm football in the 618 behind look is a little bit weird for casual (the 613/626 dont have them)

-The jacket really need breaking time to be less stiff and rigid look.

Best jacket ever bought. ..really love it! More you wear it,more you like.

38 will it be too big?  Im 172cm tall and 65kg,  my 618 is 34. I also ride motorcycle

Magnus on 10/31/17 at 12:57 PM

Thanx for your opinions!

what about production year? 

LOT   BNDL

38       084

this is the label

Gail on 11/01/17 at 07:12 AM

The 5th digit in the barcode represents the year which could be for 1995, 2005 or 2015. I would need more information on the jacket to confirm a year. What are the names on the front and the sleeve zipper pulls? Is there a name or number on the back of the front buckle? Is the care label a Leathercraft Process label or a Arrow Care label? Can you post a photo of the main Perfecto label in the jacket?

Gail

Magnus on 11/01/17 at 07:46 AM

So, main zip IDEAL, sleeve's zip YKK, rear buckle CENTURY CANADA 55272.

Care Label with LEATHERCRAFT PROCESS

Thanx mates!

Gail on 11/02/17 at 08:19 AM

Magnus,

Not only do you have a great looking jacket, your on your way to having a great looking vintage jacket, as the jacket was produced in 1995, confirmed by zippers and buckle.

Gail

alextlc on 11/06/17 at 07:19 AM

Hey Magnus

I think it looks good on you. May I ask how tall you are? Currently I'm deciding which size I should get. I live in a country where it's damn near impossible to get my hands on one. So I'm a little scared just ordering one online without having tried one on. I'm 1,83 meters tall and weigh 78 kg

Best regards Alex

Magnus on 11/06/17 at 11:41 AM

I' m 183 cm x 73 kg!

Gail on 11/07/17 at 07:51 AM

In buying any jacket your height and chest measurement is what determines the size jacket you need, not your weight. If you are tall over 183 cm you will probably need a jacket in a long size to have the correct sleeve and back length. If you are just at 183 cm you may have very long legs but a shorter body torso, which could then make the length of the jacket longer on you. For jacket size you need to measure your chest from under the arm and around your body. If your chest measures 36" (91.4 cm) then you would need a US size 36. Do determine your US size divide your centimeter measurement by 2.54 to convert to US size. You can also contact Denise in our customer service at her email: Denise@schottnyc.com  and she can send you the measurements on a jacket.

Gail

Magnus on 11/07/17 at 08:50 AM

I agree with Gail, my 618 is quite short backside, but i know it s his own cut, the silhouette is very 80's, perfect with the vintage 501 with high waist.

Alex if you can choose a new jacket, go with the longer version (updated silhouette and lenght); while if you would buy a vintage jacket (like mine) you need to know that the cut is more snug and short than the modern one.

Honestly i love the vintage ones, they have a story to tell and the original, famous look.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE