ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Erimim

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only Erimim's laughter.

Perfecto 615

I just bought a second hand 615 from the eighties and I am wondering how to maintain it. 

What should be use to clean and maintain the leather in good shape. 

Thank you

625 615 z

Gail on 06/17/19 at 08:00 AM

I would recommend first to have the jacket professionally cleaned, as you can see by the main Perfecto label in the jacket that the lining is dirty. While you can lightly clean and condition the leather you can not remove the dirt and sweat from the linings. Linings and stitching can deteriorate if not cleaned periodically. Once you have the jacket cleaned and conditioned you will not have any maintance on the for awhile. If you wear the jacket for riding in all elements of weather then it will need more care. We do recommend always to use all Natural products, never use a water repellent sealer on the jacket, as leather needs to breath, sealing will cause dry rot. We do offer the Otter Wax products on our website. The kit includes Saddle Soap for light cleaning, Salve to restore softness & repair cracking, Oil for conditioning the leather. The kit also contains a Boot Wax only to be used on boots as it does contain a sealant, while boots last a few years then replaced, jackets can last for many years. Store your jacket in a cool area in the hot weather and never cover with plastic while storing.

Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE