ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
JJLouis

FUNFACT: The X-Men get up every Saturday Morning to watch JJLouis.

P571 Unlined Liner

I bought the P571 unlined limited edition a few months ago, and not having a liner really sucks. The jacket is so hard to put on and take off, if I didn't love the leather so much I would resell it. Does anyone know a good tailor that could possibly make a liner for me?

GailH on 01/05/18 at 07:57 AM

I am not sure what the cost would be or if our repair department would make a linings for the jacket but you can check with Jerri in our customer service who handles all repairs. We do replace body linings in jackets so possibly they can add a lining to this jacket for you.

Gail

Email: Jerri@schottnyc.com

JJLouis on 01/06/18 at 09:16 PM

Thanks Gail. I'll shoot Jerri an email.

vegaspunk on 01/07/18 at 06:03 PM

I'm curious about this, could you keep us posted on what you find out?

Ramonesome on 01/07/18 at 06:40 PM

Same here, I would definitely wear mine more if it had a liner. 

JJLouis on 01/07/18 at 07:35 PM

I sent Jerri an email yesterday. I'll post an update here when he gets back to me.

GailH on 01/09/18 at 07:28 AM

I find this post so interesting to see several owners wanting a lining in this jacket. When we made the Limited Edition jacket for Restoration Hardware that they ordered without a lining, based on the owner's jacket, we received so many numerous requests to do a similar jacket in the Schott's line. Thus the P571 was offered under our Perfecto Brand Limited Edition label and now I see several posts about adding a lining.

Gail

Ramonesome on 01/09/18 at 02:42 PM

Gail, I had one of the Restoration jackets, and at least for me, the attraction wasn't that is was unlined but that it was simple and stylish cafe racer design with a seamless Buco style back.  I always got compliments when I wore it out but it also wasn't the most comfortable jacket to get on and off.

I jumped on the P571 because I loved the color, leather and style. It looks great worn...after I wiggle into it. The inside leather grips my t-shirts and pushes the sleeves up to my shoulders. Everything straightens out after a few steps but a lining, even a paper thin one, would help the jacket slide off and on easier.

My P571 is also a little snugger than I'd like, the measurements I received from the LIVE CHAT support were far from accurate (off by two inches in chest, and half inch in shoulders). I would have exchanged it but it sold out ASAP. A liner would help salvage my investment in this piece. 

I also recently picked up the 100 Anniversary Cafe Racer and it's become my all time favorite jacket. Simple design, lightweight and the orange quilted liner makes it quite comfortable to slip on and off. If Schott is looking for future ideas, I'd say bring this jacket back in some form (slanted chest pockets would put it over the edge). 

GailH on 01/10/18 at 08:00 AM

I can understand why the jacket without a lining would be hard to slide on and off with the rough-out side of the hide being the lining of the jacket. Even knowing this you went ahead and got the unlined P571 and yes the color is great, I can understand overlooking the jacket not having a lining. I am a little surprised that you did not get correct info on our LIVE CHAT, but I guess mistakes can be made. I always like to suggest emailing our customer service and request they email you the specs for the style which shows the measurements for each size. 

I wish I had an easy solution to putting on the jacket, other then owning a bunch of silk shirts, but unfortunately I do not. Maybe the jacket is best used for Spring/Fall wear where just a short sleeve t-shirt is only needed.

Gail

Ramonesome on 01/10/18 at 12:56 PM

Silk shirt? Hmmm, I think I'll stick with my t-shirts. It's a beautiful jacket and more importantly, my wife loves the way it looks on me. It's defintely a fall / winter jacket and that's what I expected. I don't regret my purchase but if there was an affordable option for a liner I'd take it. 

Next time I pick up a new jacket I'll request a size chart. It's also possible my jacket was just cut a tad smaller, this happens in garments. My small has a shoulder to shoulder of 16 3/4" and pit to pit just under 20". 

I don't want to throw anybody under the bus, so I'll cut the persons name off and include the measurements I was given below.  There might be an opportunity to refine the Live Chat process.  

Thanks Gail!

Screen_Shot_20180110_at_92.png Screen_Shot_20180110_at_93.png

JJLouis on 01/10/18 at 08:13 PM

Wow. I had no idea that this would become such a heated discussion when I posted my question. 

For me, this is the first Schott jacket I've ever purchased.  I've been through quite a few leather jackets over the years and finally decided that I wanted a good quality one that would last for generations. So I saved up for almost a year and when I finally saw one that I really liked I pulled the trigger. It is the single most expensive article of clothing I've ever bought. Given their reputation, I just assumed that the good folks at Schott knew what they were doing when they decided to create an unlined jacket. I was wrong. That's my mistake. I will live with it.

That said, I still love the jacket. The look is amazing. The leather is amazing. The build quality is amazing. If only it had a liner.... ah well.

Finally, for those interested, I did hear back from Jerri in the customer service department. Here is his answer:

"I do apologize but this style was designed intentionally without a liner and we cannot add a liner to this style."

There you have it. I will take it to a local tailor to see if it's something he can do for me, and hope that he doesn't butcher my jacket in the process.

Thank you Gail for all your help. And best of luck to the rest of you.

Gail4Schott on 01/11/18 at 09:03 AM

I am sorry to hear Schott is unable to add a liner to the jacket for you. In regards to the measurements it appears they are from a spec chart for the jacket. You are not throwing anyone under the bus by bringing this to someone attention on live chat. It is possible by error the specs provided you were for a different size, but if the chart is incorrect in the specs for the sizes then they need to be corrected. Your input to issues help us provide a better customer service to everyone.

Gail

diviney on 12/06/18 at 09:32 AM

Has anyone tried burnishing the inside of the shoulders and sleeves or conditioning it to smooth it?  I tried this on unlined bags and it worked quite well. 

Ramonesome on 12/06/18 at 11:05 AM

I sent my 571 jacket to Arrow and they were able to add a lining for $150. The process of sending them a jacket was extremely easy and they did a great job. For such a slim fitting jacket with high armholes, the lining has made a huge difference in how it fits my body. When I reach in my closet now I no longer hesitate to grab the 571. If I get time I'll add some photos. 

lostandfound on 12/08/18 at 05:46 AM

Isn't this like complaining that finger-less gloves don't have fingers? and so you want the designer to make fingers for them...

diviney on 12/08/18 at 10:02 AM

Or is like reading through a forum topic you have no interest in, and then commenting on it.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE