ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Mh54480

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with Mh54480, for fear of being burned.

New Jacket 613sh

Finally!!!!  I got the original One Star Perfecto!!!  So excited and happy!!!!  I’m 5-10 183 chest size 42 and ordered a 42 and it fits like a glove. The horsehide leather is stiff and shiny needs some time to break in.  Can’t wait to break it in.  The jacket is warm too.  The jacket exceeded my expectations in quality and leather.  Truly a work of art.  The hardware on it is amazing.  Quality material.  I can tell this jacket will last a long time and will get better with age.  The feeling and smell of the new leather upon opening up the package is awesome.  And for the price is great. 

TradCat on 02/10/19 at 06:11 PM

You have pics? I'm 42.5 in the chest and am getting the same jacket. However, I got my brown 618 size 40 last year when I wasn't doing boxing like I do now and was a 41 chest size. I haven't sized out of it, I love how it fits, I just want a longer length and slimmer sleeves yet just a tad more room through the shoulders and chest for layering and mobility on the bike. But not much because I want it to look slim as possible with a tee shirt too. 

Gail on 02/11/19 at 08:09 AM

To compare sizing, I would suggest you contact Denise in customer service and request the spec measuremnets for both the 618 & the 613SH so you can comapre the sizing. If you have an athletic build you will have a problem in fit for any motorcycle style. You need to purchase a size that accommodates your shoulder/chest size, but then the waist is too large.

Gail

TradCat on 02/14/19 at 03:42 AM

I've worked in bespoke tailoring; IDK what you consider athletic, been when making custom suits from the world's finest textiles, we would consider any with a chest/waist differential, or "drop",  of 7" or greater "athletic". My drop is maybe 6 inches.

I have seen the specs of a lot of Schott jackets and I have personally never seen a drop of more than 4 inches, and that was on the 641 HH which is supposed to be your most tapered silhouette. 

I'm trying to picture the body of the guy you're speaking of whose chest and shoulders would fit but the waist would be flapping about and I can't do it. At any rate such a guy would need customer tee shirts let alone motorcycle jackets.

I see the advice Schott factory employees give and it strikes me as odd. The employees that work at the retail stores seem to understand the reality of the jackets and their fitment. I have asked them about it and they are aware of the drastically different advice and recommendations customers would get from a factory employee vs the retail stores where Schott employees are actually helping and watching customers actually wear the jackets dozens of times a day. 

I'm just saying that if I followed yours and Jerri's first recommendation I would be very unhappy. 

Gail on 02/14/19 at 09:12 AM

First I think you are being very unfair to our employees, most have worked for Schott about 20 years before the first Schott Retail store was opened, personally this is my 38th year. It is easy when you have an actual person in front of you and a wide selection of styles and sizes for a customer to try on and select their preference. Our customer service has to reply on a phone call, email or post on our website. Based on what the person tells us, his measurements (hoping he measured correctly) and the style he wants, we advise him what his actual size is, but what his size is and his preference in the fit are can be two totally different things. I have seen customers wear jacket much too small and others who want and wear a looser fit, the individual will always decide what he wants. Finally on the 641HH style if you have a spec sheet, you can see the size measurements given for the chest and the sweep which is the bottom of the jacket that the measurements are in half. Example: size 42 has a chest in half of 24", complete circumference of the jacket would be 48". The same size 42 for the sweep or bottom of jacket in half is 20", complete circumference would be 40". So the decrease of inches from chest to bottom of a jacket is 8" not 4".  Since you are in tailoring I am surprised you did not understand the specs.

Everyone has a preference in the style and fit of any jacket and the choice is there to make. What works for you may not work for someone else. I do see many jackets posted on our site for sale that are too small and they are looking to sell or trade, because the purchase a jacket not in their actual size. Motorcycle jackets are the hardest styles to advise a person on a size, I've seem more customers wearing motorcycle jackets then any salesman in a store and "ONE SIZE"  OR "PREFERENCE" does not fit all! I wonder how that same salesperson would be on a phone, given some specs and preference of fit by the person, and no jackets for anyone to try on, would do or even qualify coming close to our employees. Sorry if I am ranting, but I do not feel you get it and how hard our employees work to help our customers. I know we have a great staff of salemen at our stores, but our staff at the factory has been doing this a long time, so I know they have a harder time then any salesman at a store.

Gail

alanfu on 02/14/19 at 12:04 PM

Don't be mad Gail. It is called the generation gap!

I used to have a Schott 613 in size 44. It was a sort of standard fit for my body I believe. I loved it very much. But I've lost much weight in recent years and the jacket no longer fit. I sold it on eBay. Last year, I was passing by the Schott retailer store in Los Angeles and I decided to get a new perfecto jacket. I tried 118 in 40. I loved it. The kid working in the store suggested me to try the 613sh in size 42 and 40. He said that size 40 on my body looks great but I felt size 40 was too tight (it still can be fully zipped up with a t-shirt underneath it). I have to agree tight fit does look good than standard fit. It makes me look much younger. I do the leather craft as a hobby and I know leathers will be stretch out. I ended up to purchase the 613sh in size 40. For the first couple of months, the jacket was very tight around my chest, but after that, it became a little loose and comfortable. And my wife also thinks this new jacket looks better on me than the old one.

We have to agree that young people have a better fashion sense but you have to choose between comfort and fashion.

By the way, the horsehide used in Schott 613sh is not as stiff as many people described and it is pretty to break in. The quality of the Schott perfecto is always great.

Thanks!

Mh54480 on 02/14/19 at 01:55 PM

Hey wanted to add to this post.  My jacket is about a week old still stiff but I get compliments on it everywhere.  Its funny how this jacket will transform you, I feel like a stallion in it.  I can't wait to feel what the jacket will look and feel like next year. I am trying to keep it in top shape.  I want to wear it everyday but part of me doesn't want it to get wet.  Then again a little water won't hurt it right?  I don't think I will be putting oils of any kind on it at least for another ten years.  I am not going to try any home remedies or anything but wear it and try and not let it get soaked with rain.  I think Schott makes the best.  I would pick Schott over any fashion brand names.  Schott is the only company known to be the original creators of the motorcycle jacket not Ralph Lauren, YSL, Burberry or any other fashion brand name.  A lot of companies try and immulate the perfecto jacket but its not the real deal.  I want to get my whole family Schotts.  Thanks for the great jackets.  

TradCat on 02/14/19 at 02:06 PM

I was in sales I don't sew. I know what measurements will make me and other people happy given their body shape and fit preference. My problem is how the factory employees steer you towards this one fit, which to my taste is far too roomy for leather, which drapes poorly, and makes you feel like any other fit is wrong and at your peril. Like telling me my 618 is too short. Says who? When I sit down on my bike the jacket ends right at my hips, no folding or bunching whatsoever. Perfect. If I followed factory employee's recommendation I'd be in a jacket 3 sizes too big. 

I would just say listen to what people are asking for and use your knowledge to help them get what they truly want, not chase this false platonic ideal in your head of what a motorcycle jacket is supposed to be.

And yes, Schott is this best. Why? Because if I wanted a jacket for just riding I would get a Langlitz or something like that. Other companies do pure riding jackets way better. But what no one does better than Schott is make a riding jacket you would want to wear off the bike. What other motorcycle jacket company has a customer base half of whom don't even ride and never will? No one. 

Mh54480 on 02/14/19 at 02:24 PM

Everybody is titled to their own opinion.  I'm curious Tradcat for strickly a riding jacket who would you pick over Schott what are some companies?  

TradCat on 02/14/19 at 08:53 PM

Hey man. Like I said Langlitz from Oregon is a great one. You order a style and then choose all the options you want so for $1500 you get a semi-custom jacket that due to design and leather is probably better on the bike. There's also Vanson, Belstaff, Aero, and Lewis leathers. They're Canadian, Scottish, and British companies though so exchange rate and import fees would be gnarly. I hear Aero's horsehide is far superior to Schott's from multiple people,  it couldn't confirm it myself. 

But I really do love Schott the best from a design perspective. Again, no other company has such a huge percentage of customers in it just for the fashion aspect. Obviously they have been doing something very right for years and years. And take the 641... try and find another designer that doesn't break up that back panel with a yoke and/or a seam running down the back. I couldn't do it. Schott uses huge sexy panels of leather. I love it. 

My only gripe is every time I ask for fit advice I get the same damn boiler plate response suggesting I get a jacket I would never buy or even wear for free in a million effing years, even when I just said like five g*d damn times I want a very snug fit. It is an absolute fact that the employees at the factory and the employees at the company stores see the jackets differently. Call any Schott store and ask for fit advice and see for yourself. 

And to throw me shade with regards to measurements is incredibly unprofessional, retired or no. I'm a loyal customer and brand ambassador; I'm so sorry your advice is worthless to me but I've been in customer service my entire life. Everyone is different and ultimately will be happy with different products and sizes. Tailor your advice to the person. 

Gail on 02/15/19 at 07:47 AM

You are absolutely correct everyone has a preference in what they want, and you purchase what is good for you. Just want to let you know since you posted, Schott also offers custom jackets. Depending on pattern changes or special materials many would not be the high end of $1500. I can sincerely say we do our best and we hope everyone finds their correct fit for their preference.

Gail

TradCat on 02/15/19 at 11:45 AM

Really? I sent an email and pics of what I wanted, a horsehide asymmetrical with the pocket and panel layout of a 618 but with red unquilted lining, a high collar, and double side straps versus a half belt and my initial quote was $1600. 

Gail on 02/16/19 at 08:17 AM

Custom jackets are expensive as was already quoted for $1500 by Langlitz. Horsehide is a most expensive leather, jacket size can also add to the cost as larger sizes take more leather. Custom jacket cost is based on materials and pattern changes. A expensive part of a custom jacket are pattern changes and making a new set of patterns for the custom jacket. Just based on a stand-up collar, new patterns have to be made for the front and back panels to accommodate the fit of a stand-up collar, I am assuming like the collar on the style 141. It may all look easy and simple on paper, but our designer could take a day to redesign the patterns so all pattern parts fit together properly. Once the new set of patterns are made, the leather must be matched. This requires a pallet of leather being pulled from the warehouse just to match one jacket, then repacking the pallet when done. Matching leather can take several hours by a matcher as he lays up 30-50 hides on a table to just match one jacket. After the hides are selected the jacket is then cut and taken back to our design departmnet where a sample maker will assemble the jacket. The sample maker is a person that can assemble a complete jacket, while our factory production is assembly of each sewer doing a specific job, a sample maker does require a higher labor cost. It is hard for anyone not knowing how a custom jacket is made from start to finish to understand the full cost of the jacket. 

Gail

Mh54480 on 02/16/19 at 08:45 AM

Gail I had a question for you.... I want my horeside jacket to last and age well for many years to come.  It's going to be raining here all week and I want to wear my jacket.  What's your opinion on wearing horeshide in the rain?  Thanks 

lostandfound on 02/17/19 at 02:03 AM

TradCat wrote:

Hey man. Like I said Langlitz from Oregon is a great one. You order a style and then choose all the options you want so for $1500 you get a semi-custom jacket that due to design and leather is probably better on the bike. There's also Vanson, Belstaff, Aero, and Lewis leathers. They're Canadian, Scottish, and British companies though so exchange rate and import fees would be gnarly. I hear Aero's horsehide is far superior to Schott's from multiple people,  it couldn't confirm it myself. 

But I really do love Schott the best from a design perspective. Again, no other company has such a huge percentage of customers in it just for the fashion aspect. Obviously they have been doing something very right for years and years. And take the 641... try and find another designer that doesn't break up that back panel with a yoke and/or a seam running down the back. I couldn't do it. Schott uses huge sexy panels of leather. I love it. 

My only gripe is every time I ask for fit advice I get the same damn boiler plate response suggesting I get a jacket I would never buy or even wear for free in a million effing years, even when I just said like five g*d damn times I want a very snug fit. It is an absolute fact that the employees at the factory and the employees at the company stores see the jackets differently. Call any Schott store and ask for fit advice and see for yourself. 

And to throw me shade with regards to measurements is incredibly unprofessional, retired or no. I'm a loyal customer and brand ambassador; I'm so sorry your advice is worthless to me but I've been in customer service my entire life. Everyone is different and ultimately will be happy with different products and sizes. Tailor your advice to the person. 

My opinon?  Your jacket looks too tight and small for you, it's way too short in the back length... that is just my opinion though.  To you, it obviously is exactly how you like it.  And that's all that matters.  And so I can give you my best suggestion like Gail is doing or anyone else.  But you cannot expect anyone else to know what it is you truly like, or consider "snug".  etc.

TradCat on 02/17/19 at 09:45 AM

A) wrong thread

B) I didn't ask you 

C) Your opinion means nothing to me regarding the for of my 618. 

That was never a fit check, genius. Do any of you people know how to read and speak English or what?

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE