ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Dsil

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only Dsil's laughter.

Model 275 raiders jacket

I have a beautiful model 275 jacket. Did it come in different hides, or was it only produced in Lamskin? The others I see online appear to have less grain than mine.

thank you for your assistance 

Gail on 02/08/19 at 07:23 AM

The style 275 was only made in a Distressed Lambskin. This specific type of distressed leather is processed to become more and more distressed with wear. I have seen jackets that with age and wear have actually become a tan color as the finish of the jacket becomes more worn and aged. Leather is not a man made product so each animal hides will not be the same in grain and appearance. When jackets are made the hides are matched as best as possible to the same coloring and appearance. 

Gail

Dsil on 02/08/19 at 05:44 PM

Thank you for you help. It has little wear. Attached is a photo. It’s a great jacket!

A2A73CCDCEF74240BD5B899A66C0E3181.jpeg

Gail on 02/09/19 at 07:05 AM

This was one of the most popular jackwts that Schott has offereded. It was produced for over 6 years from 1985 to 1991. Each year we sold thousands of this style since it was made popular by the movie, but I think the heavy though softer hand of the Lambskin was very popular by the buyers. Your jacket does have heavier grain hides and it was matched accordingling. 

Gail

techexchange on 02/10/19 at 11:22 AM

Gail:

I can see why it was popular. It is awesome...

Einar (Techexchange)

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE