ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Johnxtremaine

FUNFACT: Johnxtremaine can kill two stones with one bird.

Late 70's Schott 118, size 38, trade for size 40

Hey there,

I recently purchased a Schott 118 (I believe it is a 118). I bought the jacket from the original owner. He said he picked it up it direct from Schott in 1979 during a trip to NYC to see The Ramones.

It's an awesome jacket, but it is a touch too small for me. The deal on it was too good to pass up, so I bought it anyways.. but the snugness is already getting to me. I can only really wear it open. It can zip- but it is tight. I do like a slim fitting jacket, but some more breathing room (especially come winter time when layers are a must) would be nice.

Wondering if anyone has a jacket in similar style, age and condition in a size 40 they would be willing to trade for this one?

I have attached some pics. There is a number of small holes from pins that had been put on over the years. They have all been removed, but have left their little scars. Also the Made In USA tag was cut off. Besides that, I would say it is in pretty great shape for the year.

Please message me if you have something. Thanks!

IMG_20551.JPG IMG_20621.JPG IMG_20561.JPG IMG_20571.JPG IMG_20581.JPG IMG_20591.JPG IMG_20601.JPG

Gail on 10/06/16 at 08:24 AM

I just want to confirm the jacket is possibly from the very late 70's or early 80's based on the photos of the main Perfecto label you have posted. The Perfecto with the Bull and Schott NYC at the bottom is listed as being used from the early-mid 80's, but it may have been used in the end of year 1979. In the 170's we used the Perfecto label with Schott Bros. at the bottom of the label. In any case it also appears to be in great condition based on its age. I am thinking the person you purchased the jacket from was a retailer as in the 70's, 80's and 90's we did not sell directly to the public or have any Schott stores in NYC. The only place a person could purchase a jacket directly from us was from our annual factory sale in our New Jersey factory. 

Gail

Johnxtremaine on 12/05/16 at 12:54 PM

Bump.

Will sell for $300 shipped in the US.

Pilot321 on 12/21/18 at 12:42 PM

Gail,

I have a 618 that if I remember correctly, I bought new in late 1979, or early 1980, from a Philadelphia, PA retailer named Goldbergs Army Navy.  It has the label similar to the one above, no American flag, but the size label to the right of the Perfecto label which also has the bull in the upper left hand corner, and "by Schott N.Y.C. lower right hand corner.  It has a TALON main zipper, and EMAR sleeve zippers.  The snaps do NOT have a logo.  Could this have been a transitional jacket?

It is in mint condition as I wore it back then, but its been hanging in my closet since.

Thanks,

Anthony

Gail on 12/22/18 at 07:37 AM

Anthony,

based on just description you have provided, it appears to be the 618 from this same time frame as the jacket posted. Not sure what you mean by transitional jacket?

Gail

Pilot321 on 12/22/18 at 11:11 AM

Gail wrote:

Anthony,

based on just description you have provided, it appears to be the 618 from this same time frame as the jacket posted. Not sure what you mean by transitional jacket?

Gail

Gail,

Thanks for the reply!  Looking at the Wikipedia page for Schott jackets, mine has elements of late 70's, and early 80's characteristics.  Yes, their info could be wrong.  Also, forgot to mention that the little size tag numeral is in RED lettering, like the one in the OP, but, the jacket's lining goes all the way down to the bottom of the jacket unlike the one in the OP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfecto_motorcycle_jacket

Gail on 12/24/18 at 06:32 AM

Wikipedia has a lot posted about the motorcycle jackets, but I really need you to post what is in question about the information. I wish I had the time to read everything but I do not. In addition I am basing what I am telling you on a jacket I have not seen. The information I gave the original post was based on the photos he posted of his jacket, I would suggest you send photos of your jacket. If this is a used jacket from the early-mid 80's based on the label, then it is possible a previous owner replaced the lining in your jacket.

Gail

AndreDjan on 05/07/19 at 05:45 PM

Do you still have this jacket? im interested...

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE