ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
cantpickusername

FUNFACT: Kanye West lets cantpickusername finish before giving his opinion.

Is this jacket a 118 or a 618

Went thrifting this weekend and came across jacket but I can't seem to narrow it down. There are no pocket tags so that's no help. Can anyone help?

Also what would you rate it out of ten? I was thinking ~7.5?

MVIMG_20191204_1607551.jpg MVIMG_20191204_1606031.jpg MVIMG_20191204_1608431.jpg MVIMG_20191204_1606571.jpg

Gail on 12/06/19 at 05:34 AM

The jacket is our classic Perfecto M/C style jacket either a Naked Cowhide #118 or the Steerhide version #618. Did you check the top breast pocket for the white ticket. We started using this design for our Perfectos in the late 80's and we are still using this specific label. You can view the jacket on our website as it is still in our line. I can possible narrow down a time when it was produced by a few things, but the pocket ticket could confirmtheyear if it had a barcode or no barcode on the ticket places the jacket being made 1993. What is the name on the front & sleeve zipper pulls? Is there a name on the back of the buckle? Is the care label in the jacketa Leathercraft or a Arrow Leather Care label?

Gail

cantpickusername on 12/06/19 at 08:22 AM

Gail wrote:

The jacket is our classic Perfecto M/C style jacket either a Naked Cowhide #118 or the Steerhide version #618. Did you check the top breast pocket for the white ticket. We started using this design for our Perfectos in the late 80's and we are still using this specific label. You can view the jacket on our website as it is still in our line. I can possible narrow down a time when it was produced by a few things, but the pocket ticket could confirmtheyear if it had a barcode or no barcode on the ticket places the jacket being made 1993. What is the name on the front & sleeve zipper pulls? Is there a name on the back of the buckle? Is the care label in the jacketa Leathercraft or a Arrow Leather Care label?

Gail

Hello Gail! Thank you for your response, I can't seem to find the pocket ticket, maybe it was ripped out?

The zipper pull in the middle says "Schott NYC", the arm ones says "Schott". There is indeed a Arrow leather care label.

Noabaak on 12/06/19 at 09:42 AM

Once I had both jackets and I profoundly loved 118 more than 618. 

It seems (to my eyes) that 118 has a thinner belt and much softer leather texture; it gave me a better look when I wore it and I was quite impressed. I had 618 two times and both second-hand, the leather was so hard it made me feel like a robot in a shell. 

Gail on 12/07/19 at 10:01 AM

Based on the zippers and Arrow Care label, this jacket was probably produced in the past 10 years, but without that pocket ticket which would have a barcode I ca not confirm the year. Looking at photos I can not tell what type of leather this jacket is, the Naked Cowhide will have a dull apperance (unless a previous owner applied anproduct) and a softer hand, the Steerhide will have a slight shine and a much firmer hand.

Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE