ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
pamric

FUNFACT: pamric can unscramble an egg.

I-S-674-M-S

I was recently searching on-line for a new Shotts motorcycle jacket and stumbled upon a   I-S-674-M-S, flight jacket. Although it wasn’t what I was looking for, the price was right!  The tag lists the size as a 50/L. I realize now after receiving it, that it’s not a size 50, but more like a large. Is it possible to determine the age and what the sizing label means?

Gail on 12/28/05 at 01:33 PM

The IS674MS label is a label we used for many years in all our A/2 flight jackets, which would cover many styles over many years. We discontinued this label in our flight jackets in the early 1990's. Older flight jackets were cut on a smaller pattern then our current updated patterns. The size label stands for a size 50 in a long size, which is represented by the letter "L" after the size. You can check in the pockets for a white ticket if someone has not removed it and it will have the jacket style # on it. Once I can determine the style number of the jacket I can possibly give you a period of time in which the jacket was made, though some styles were made for over 20 years. Gail

pamric on 12/28/05 at 02:20 PM

Thanks for the response. The ticket is still attached: Lot # 3006; BNDL 012; 174L; 50. That’s everything on the ticket in order.

Gail on 12/29/05 at 02:01 PM

The style number is 174L, the "L" represents a long size, we manufactured the long sizes in this style from 1980-1986. The jacket is a naked cowhide leather. Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE