ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
SxDx1945

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only SxDx1945's laughter.

Information about Perfecto Model 655 ?

Hi, I have kind of an odd duck.  A Schott Perfecto model 655 motorcycle Jacket.  Any information on this model woulde be appreciated, especially the years the model was manufactured and the type of leather used it its construction.  Thank you.

D.B.

Gail on 08/15/05 at 02:35 PM

Hi D.B., In 1984 we offered a Steerhide style 655 based on a European styled motorcycle jacket. It had padded quilting on shell, heavy molded zippers and elasticized shirred side gussets. In the year 2000 we offered a LAPD Steerhide style police jacket, with leather laced side gussets, padded waistband, and badge holder on chest. Both styles were only made the initial year they were offered. Gail

SxDx1945 on 08/15/05 at 08:49 PM

Sorry Gail, it isn't either of those.  I think its older than 1984.  This is a long cafe racer style with a tab collar and police jacket style breast pockets with silver schott snaps.  The jacket has a Talon front zipper.  I am pretty sure this style was called 655 because the original paper tags are in the pocket.  The jacket has a perfecto label.  Any other ideas as to date?  Can I date the jacket from the paper hang tags?

Thanks for your help.

D.B.

Gail on 08/16/05 at 01:47 PM

Hi D.B. You are correct  I had to go back a few more years to 1978. This was our Steerhide Deluxe Jacket, 2 upper snap down pockets, mandarin collar, biswing back, quilt body lining with selescia sleeve lining. Two lower zippered slash pockets and a inside lining pocket. As you can see after 92 years of making numerous styles of jackets we have to reuse the style numbers. The older the jacket is, the harder it is to date especially if that white pocket ticket is missing or faded. I am glad we were able to determine the year though for your jacket, it is truly a Vintaged jacket at 27 years. Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE