ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
RebelGreaser

FUNFACT: The X-Men get up every Saturday Morning to watch RebelGreaser.

Identifying a Schott jacket by code on a tag

How can I read the code printed on the tag inside the jacket? I was wondering if this is a 2010 jacket or 2015.

Gail on 12/07/19 at 10:45 AM

Since you did not provide any information on the jacket, I can only provide not much to say just based on your heading. The 5th digit in the barcode represents the year the jacket was produced, 2010 could be 2000 or 2010, the 2015 could be 1995, 2005 or 2015. I would need to know the style number of the jacket and possibly additional information on the jacket to confirm a year. Photos would be helpful.

Gail

RebelGreaser on 12/07/19 at 03:21 PM

Here are some pictures:

Tag inside a Schott jacket Label inside a Schott jacket Zipper on a Schott jacket

Gail on 12/09/19 at 04:06 PM

Our barcode numbers are digits, the 5th digit represents the year, This barcode on this ticket has the first number slighly cut off, so the 5th number is a "1". This could be the year 2001 or 2011. Is there a name on the back of the buckle? What name is on the sleeve zipper pulls? Is the Care label a Leathercraft Process or Arrow Leather care.

Gail

RebelGreaser on 12/09/19 at 05:12 PM

Gail wrote:

Our barcode numbers are digits, the 5th digit represents the year, This barcode on this ticket has the first number slighly cut off, so the 5th number is a "1". This could be the year 2001 or 2011. Is there a name on the back of the buckle? What name is on the sleeve zipper pulls? Is the Care label a Leathercraft Process or Arrow Leather care.

Gail

The pull zipper says schott on it , there's a black arrow tag inside the jacket and behind the buckle it's blank . Also how come this 618 feels so much bigger ? The sleeve are really wide on jacket . Was there changes on the 618 ?

Gail on 12/11/19 at 11:42 AM

The "sleeve" zipper pulls have Schott on them, not sure in your reply f you were referring to the name on the front or sleeve. You also did not tell me if there is a name on back of buckle or what type of Care label is in the jacket. The 618 does have wider sleeves, we still cut the 618 on the original patterns, so it does have wider sleeves, while the 118 has been update in fit through the years. The jackets are for riders and sleeves have to be wider for movement when riding and not be too confining, but since the 618 is the classic original 50's made jackets the sleeves are wider.

Gail

RebelGreaser on 12/11/19 at 02:44 PM

Gail wrote:

The "sleeve" zipper pulls have Schott on them, not sure in your reply f you were referring to the name on the front or sleeve. You also did not tell me if there is a name on back of buckle or what type of Care label is in the jacket. The 618 does have widersleeves, we still cut the 618 on the original patterns, so it does have wider sleeves, while the 118 has been update in fit through the years. The jackets are for riders and sleeves have to be wider for movement when riding and not be too confining, but since the 618 is the classic original 50's made jackets the sleeves are wider.

Gail

yes the sleeve zipper says schott on it .  Behind the belt buckle is empty no wording and the care label has a black arrow tag . The  sleeve width never changed ? I had a 90 and early 2000s 618 and the sleeve were a lot slimmer I remembered 

RotationSensation on 12/13/19 at 04:02 PM

Hello

ur jacket is from 2011

Gail on 12/15/19 at 10:20 AM

It does appear the jacket was made in 2011 based on the barcode. I checked some old specsI had, in 2005 the jacket circumference of the upper arm was 17", then in 2012 it was changed to 16" circumference, but in 2015 it was changed again to 16". The sleeve circumference does change based on the jacket sleeve, if your previous jacket was a smaller size then the sleeve would be narrower. 

Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE