ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
fny

FUNFACT: The X-Men get up every Saturday Morning to watch fny.

Help ID distressed vintage 118

Picked this cutie up for a song at my local vintage store a few years ago. It was big and loose on me then, and short, so it's been in storage. 

Today, after and after buying myself something nice at the sale (P243) I decided to see what was what with this thing.

It's not as loose as it used to be, in fact it fits me pretty well, ;) - but the back length is only 24.25" from seam to bottom, so it's dramatically short... and it doesnt look like it's been altered to be shorter.

It's a size 48, LOT 1858 BNDL 022. I gather this is before the mid-90s based on there isn't a bar code on the lot tag.

I'd like to know if it's possible to narrow the dates any, and also maybe if this was factory distressing or someone's after-market project. It's very thorough, only the back of the small pocket flap seems to have escaped.

Distressed 118 front Distressed 118 back 118 LOTBNDL tag Perfecto 118 label

Gail on 12/09/19 at 04:33 PM

Unfortunately at this point all I can tell you from the ticket is that it is a Naked Cowhide #118 and it was made prior to 1993. I can possibly narrow down the time frame but I need more information. What name is on the front & sleeve zippers? Is there a name or number on the back of the buckle?

Gail

fny on 01/23/20 at 04:04 PM

Hi @GAIL thank you for getting back to me and sorry for the delay in getting you additional info.

The zips all say IDEAL, and there is no name or number on the back of the buckle.

Please let me know if anything else might help us narrow down the dates for this thing.

Gail on 01/23/20 at 05:36 PM

Based on the Ideal zippers, most likely the jacket is from the late 80's.

gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE