ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
number42

FUNFACT: number42 can kill two stones with one bird.

Dur O Jac 740 pea coat

Hello,

I purchased what I thought was an authentic 740 Schott Pea Coat from a retailer's website from NYC.  It was a great price so I purchased it and it just arrived.  The label is black says DUR O JAC by Schott.  What that tells me is that Schott designed the jacket and it was manufactured by another company or manufactured by Schott using lesser quality materials.  Also, another label states it was made in CANADA and I was assuming it was made in the USA.  The website said nothing about DUR O JAC in the advertising.  The retailer's website had a picture of the jacket and label, the label was white and even had a line for a name to be printed.  It did not say DUR O JAC (I'll take that up with the retailer.)

Anyway, what is the deal with DUR O JAC label; it is lesser quality than a 740 Schott made pea coat?  Do you believe it's and new old stock jacket they sent me instead of the real thing?  (Feeling duped) 

I should have just purchased it through your website like I was originally.  That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks?

Gail on 01/06/12 at 12:10 PM

The peacoat with the Dur  O Jac label is a peacoat we do have made by our contractor in Canada. This is our style DU740 and is graded sizes such as small, medium. large etc. The Melton wool is a 28 oz. weight, all other materials are the same as our classic peacoat style 740. Our Classic 740 style is made in the USA, manufactured  in chest sizes 40, 42, 44 etc. and is a 32 oz. weight Melton wool. Gail

number42 on 01/06/12 at 05:38 PM

Thank  you Gail!

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE