ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
ebrigm

FUNFACT: The X-Men get up every Saturday Morning to watch ebrigm.

Dating and Authenticating This Schott 118

I recently purchased this Schott 118.  It was advertised as a 618 and the pocket tag was not pictured.  Could you please date and authenticate this jacket?  The leather is very smooth and supple.  It still smells new.  I think this jacket was extremely well cared for.  I think it’s older based on it only having one interior pocket and the belt buckle does not have a snap to hold it.  Thanks for the help!

111D1C9064F04F7490AA8EB005812A201.jpeg Perfecto Label Front Pocket Label Back of Buckle Jacket Interior Back of Jacket Care Label Silver Button

Gail on 08/14/19 at 07:43 AM

Looking at the jacket and the barcode number with the 5th digit being a "3" I think the jacket was produced in 2003. I base this year on the white pocketing and the Century buckle. The other option could be 1993, but the jacket does not look that old in condition and in 2013 we were no longer using this buckle, white pocketing or Leathercraft label. Can you post a photo of the front & sleeve zipper pulls, the name n these pulls can confirm a year.

Gail

ebrigm on 08/14/19 at 08:28 AM

Gail.  Thanks for the reply.  The front zipper pull says YKK.  The sleeve pull says IDEAL.  DOes this help date it?

Thank you!!

SCHOTT11.png SCHOTT23.png

Gail on 08/15/19 at 08:45 AM

Based on the zippers, it was produced in 1993, the jacket is 26 years old. I suspect it is in such good condition because it was more a fashion item then a actually riding jacket by the previous owner.

Gail

ebrigm on 08/15/19 at 09:31 AM

Gail wrote:

Based on the zippers, it was produced in 1993, the jacket is 26 years old. I suspect it is in such good condition because it was more a fashion item then a actually riding jacket by the previous owner.

Gail

Gail, that's great news.  It really is in near mint condition.  Proof that Schott produces a superior product.  26 years old and looks like it just came off the rack.  Thank you for all the help and have a great vacation!

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE