ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
RILO

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with RILO, for fear of being burned.

CXL-113

Hi All,

can some one help to desifer a context CXL-113 jacket tag mistery?

there is a group of uss at TFL that have this jackets and some things are not right...

1- The Little pocket tag are lose “not sew in like any other schott/perfecto jacket”

2- Diferent cleaner tags, on right or left side of the jackets.

3- little tag/production numbers.

First one dates 1503304002 LOT L BNDL 001 1928C

next Jacket Dates 6343505004 LOT XL BNDL 007 1928C

next one     Dates 6343503012 LOT M BNDL 004 1928C

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance!!

Dannyk on 07/24/20 at 11:57 AM

Glad to see you took the advice from us TFL, to reach out. Since the super sad passing of Gail they have been a bit slower at responding. Hopefully they will soon, or one of the more knowledgable members her can shed some light. If after a few days you dont have a response it never hurts to call or email them the query. Heres hoping it doesnt take long!

RILO on 07/24/20 at 04:55 PM

Dannyk wrote:

Glad to see you took the advice from us TFL, to reach out. Since the super sad passing of Gail they have been a bit slower at responding. Hopefully they will soon, or one of the more knowledgable members her can shed some light. If after a few days you dont have a response it never hurts to call or email them the query. Heres hoping it doesnt take long!

Thank you!!

wolverine on 07/31/20 at 04:30 PM

I bought one of these in the beginning...they did a very small production run for Context of I think about 60 pieces and held on to some of them that were sold at their NYC retail Schott store...that is where I bought mine.   About a year or so later Schott did a second production run again for Context since the jacket sold so well and there was a demand.  I believe that run was also small and less than 100 pieces.  My jacket from the first run was nice but it did have a couple panels that did not match that well with the rest of the jacket.  As I recall it was the d-pocket panel and the little back lower panel that were both a shade lighter than the rest of the jacket.  There was also a problem with the belt grommets they used...they were sharp on the jacket side and started to rub and scratch the body of the jacket.  I replaced them with size 00 nickel coated spur grommets and it was better.  Although I loved the Horween leather that was used, the fit was not good for me in the arms.  This is also a jacket that will be prone to soiling and difficult to protect from staining since it is both naked and a fairly light shade.  I sold the jacket for close to what I paid for it.

RILO on 08/03/20 at 07:07 AM

wolverine wrote:

I bought one of these in the beginning...they did a very small production run for Context of I think about 60 pieces and held on to some of them that were sold at their NYC retail Schott store...that is where I bought mine.   About a year or so later Schott did a second production run again for Context since the jacket sold so well and there was a demand.  I believe that run was also small and less than 100 pieces.  My jacket from the first run was nice but it did have a couple panels that did not match that well with the rest of the jacket.  As I recall it was the d-pocket panel and the little back lower panel that were both a shade lighter than the rest of the jacket.  There was also a problem with the belt grommets they used...they were sharp on the jacket side and started to rub and scratch the body of the jacket.  I replaced them with size 00 nickel coated spur grommets and it was better.  Although I loved the Horween leather that was used, the fit was not good for me in the arms.  This is also a jacket that will be prone to soiling and difficult to protect from staining since it is both naked and a fairly light shade.  I sold the jacket for close to what I paid for it.

Thanks great info!! 

Dannyk on 08/03/20 at 07:31 AM

Sounds like both are quite legit and perfect just from two different runs. I hope you're both still interested and just make the size swap. Told ya this forum is great. Has taken away for answers since Gail has sadly passed. She was a library of info, and would track down anything she couldn't find. Had an answer 99.9% of the time and for that .1% she didn't she wouldn't lie. Instead of just guessing or making it up she would be honest. Since her passing the Schott staff try to answer. But even when they can't or are running behind there are some great forum members such as Wolverine are on top of. Best of luck Rilo

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE