ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
JP81

FUNFACT: The X-Men get up every Saturday Morning to watch JP81.

button on the back of my 118

Hi all, I just purchased a 118 and have a question about the button on the back of the jacket, just below the collar. Mine is a touch off center, just curious if that is normal or not. I have looked online a bit and can't seem to see many backs displayed, so I thought I would ask here.

Bonnie100th on 02/19/11 at 04:42 PM

That snap  button serves as a holder  for a fur collar.

MOONDOGNYC on 02/20/11 at 09:38 AM

Where does one get a fur collar ?

Bonnie100th on 02/20/11 at 11:37 AM

Schott offers the fur collars for the Perfecto jacket on their website. It's in Store under Motorcycle items. http://www.schottnyc.com/products/other/made-in-usa/faux-fur-collar-for-schott.htm

JP81 on 02/20/11 at 01:29 PM

I am actually curious about the placement of the button, because mine is a bit off center. Can anyone with a 118 add any insight?

richgreene on 02/20/11 at 02:31 PM

Just leave the collar down and dont worry about it. They look Fruity with a fur. collar anyway.You dont want to look like Little Lord Fauntelroy do you ?

JP81 on 02/20/11 at 06:00 PM

I have no intention of buying th collar, it is just that the button is not covered by the collar, even turned down. I don't want to wear the jacket and then not be able to exchange it if this is an error. To anyone with a perfecto with a collar button, does your line up with the middle of the jacket?

richgreene on 02/20/11 at 06:33 PM

Its supposed to be dead center,send it back.probably made on hangover-monday,for what these cost you should be particular about this glaring defect.

JP81 on 02/20/11 at 07:58 PM

Thanks, I agree. I special ordered it through a store in NY, has anyone been in a similar situation? Was it easy to exchange?

Bonnie100th on 02/20/11 at 08:02 PM

Are you guys serious? The snap is slightly off center and so what? Is that a reason to return a jacket? To the poster that It said that the jacket maker must had a hang over,I like to tell you that your comment is disrespectful to say the least. I have quite a few Perfecto's and the snap been off center, which is absolutely normal.

richgreene on 02/20/11 at 09:07 PM

The snap goes dead center right below the seam.Im glad Bonnies happy with her factory seconds but if I paid full list  I wouldnt stand for it. What if the poor guy did decide to wear a fur collar (Yuk) someday. Hed have to special order a cockeyed collar at a premium price. I hope this poor guy kept his receipt at least he could exchange it for one assembled by a more sober worker.

TAT2MAN on 02/20/11 at 09:28 PM

It's a snap! If the jacket fits you good, then wear it!  Who cares what it'l be worth years from now. What's it worth to you right now? By the time I'm done abusing my jackets, not even my grandkids will wear them! Life's too short!

MOONDOGNYC on 02/20/11 at 10:08 PM

I actually like the collar...  As a codpiece.

JP81 on 02/20/11 at 10:16 PM

I understand that it is only a snap, I am admittedly a bit anal retentive when is comes to details, but I also feel like a jacket of this price should be expected to be flawless. And who knows, maybe I would want a collar at some point.

richgreene on 02/20/11 at 10:39 PM

Right on,JP,Im sure no one would take delivery of a bike with a bent fork and laugh it off as who'll care 50 years from now when my Grandkids wreck on it. As a severe critic of time and motion studies and piecework assembly line pay,My findings are a job slowly done is a job Well Done. These arent Chinese imports where you could forgive the cockeyed Chinaman for his mistake,theyre supposed to be the Cadillac of jackets.

Bonnie100th on 02/21/11 at 12:18 AM

<<>>. Rich; First of all, my Schott jackets are not factory seconds. Schott has collar furs for the specific sizes and models for the Perfecto jackets that it comes with the snap button attached. I noticed that your learning curve is significantly slow, I will be more than happy to teach you a trick or two about MC jackets from their early days to the present time. Here is a pic for your enjoyment of my 1980's 618 ( fur attached)

618.jpg
Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE