ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
coloradojon

FUNFACT: Kanye West lets coloradojon finish before giving his opinion.

beck 1928 jacket

Hi vintage jacket addicts. Recently purchased this jacket and wondering if this is the original 1928 produced for beck, and made by Schott, Any help or comments are appreciated! Thanks

Imported_Photos_22729.JPG

JerriSCHOTT on 05/11/11 at 08:28 AM

Dear Coloradojon:

Based on your pic it definitely looks like an original Beck jacket produced by Schott.

Jerri

Mh54480 on 02/09/19 at 10:36 AM

Wow where did you find this?

JuzyHD on 02/09/19 at 02:17 PM

Woooow!! I'll be damn! 

P.s. Is there still a zippo in the pocket :). From 1928 maybe :D

JuzyHD on 02/09/19 at 02:24 PM

Ou wait, there were no zippos in 1928! ;)

Gail on 02/11/19 at 07:52 AM

Just to let you know, there were zippers in our motorcycle jackets in 1928. Schott was the first manufacturer to put a zipper in a jacket. The 1928 is the original D-pocket motorcycle jacket, designed by Irving Schott and it had a zipper. You can read a brief story history of Schott under the option of "About Schott" and "Story. If you want the more complete history of the company, about all the jackets made including the Beck line's history with Schott, then you should invest in our 100th Anniversary Book, sold on our site under acessories. It holds a ton of information and photos about the jackets and history of the company since 1913.

Gail

JuzyHD on 02/11/19 at 08:02 AM

Yes Gail, no doubt about zippers. But if you look closly, the coin pocket have a bulk in the shape of zippo lighter I belive :D

Gail on 02/12/19 at 08:39 AM

Sorry,

When I was reading the post, I thought I read zippers, not Zippo as you pointed out. Looking at the photo, not sure how you can tell this is a Zippo lighter in the pocket, as it could also be the old box of wooden matches. But let me clarify, when we introduced the style 1928 the style number was based on when Schott first made the D-pocket motorcycle jacket. The Beck D-Pocket jacket was their style #333 and was made in Horsehide, Goatskin and a Cowhide. We first made this jacket style for Beck in 1940 to the late 50's, not in 1928. We did not start our collaboration with Beck to make jackets for them until 1930. So based on the year being 1940 when we first made the d-pocket style for Beck, it could be a Zippo in the pocket as the first Zippo was in the year 1933.

Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE