ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
reverymike

FUNFACT: Going to buy my first Schott Perfecto SOON!

Are there different 519s?

I think I've narrowed my choice to a 519 - everything about the slim fit, etc seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not sold yet on the pebbled leather.  In some photos it looks great, but in others it doesn't.

Is the 519 also made in different styles of leather?  Is there another model that is extremely close to the 519, but not in the pebbled cowhide?

Gail on 03/31/16 at 06:35 AM

The closest style to the slim fit of the 519 is the style 613S, which the style 519 was based on. There are a few minor differences but the 613S has the slim fit you are looking for and the smooth leather. The 519 has a back length of 27", the 613S is 25". The 613S has snaps only on the lapels, style 519 has snaps on lapels and collar. The quilt in the 519 is a 3.3 oz. quilt, the 613S has a 5.5 oz. quilt. Of course the biggest different is the leather the 519 is a Mid-Weight Pebbeld Cowhide and the 613S is a heavy Smooth Steerhide leather. If you check each style on our website, there is an extensive description for both jackets. If you are looking for a lighter weight jacket jacket another option would be the style 626 which is also a slim fitting jacket that has smooth cowhide leather.

Gail

Martyk on 03/31/16 at 10:00 AM

For some reason the photos on the Schott web site do not do the jacket justice.  The color is totally black but it doesn't come across accurately.  I had concerns about the natural grain leather as well but I  honestly don't even notice it.  I just got mine and I couldn't be happier with the fit or look.  Of note though the jacket isn't designed to be a riders jacket.  The under arm footballs have been eliminated to give it a slimmer profile. I have have found I have great mobility in the jacket so that hasn't been an issue. 

reverymike on 03/31/16 at 10:43 AM

I'm not going to be riding motorcycles in the jacket, so I'm not worried about that.  I just want it to look really nice and solid.  There's something about the pebble cowhide that doesn't convey that in some of the photos.  That being said, there was a pic of it on Instagram that looked awesome, and made me want the 519.

I want the jacket to earn that great 'broken in' look, and some of the pics I've seen just don't seem like it would do that like a steer hide would.  I'm probably wrong, but $850 is a LOT of money to me, and it I'm spending that kinda money on a leather jacket, it HAS to be perfect for me.

I wish there was a store in my area (Norfolk, VA). 

reverymike on 03/31/16 at 01:38 PM

If anyone wants to post pics of their 519 or 613s that'd be great!  Just to compare and see the differences in the leather.

Martyk on 03/31/16 at 02:27 PM

I get that you are very concerned with the look and various leather types but to me the fit is the most important thing.  In my case the 613 was much too short.  The 118 was better but the 118 long was too long. The 519 for me was the perfect fit. All these jackets look great but they all have fit totally differently. I've attacheda pic of my 519 but you can get lots of good pics of the jacket just by using Google images.

_1_11.JPG

blackkeys on 03/31/16 at 02:31 PM

Hi!

Here are some pics from my 519. Hope this helps

Sorry for the bad photo quality. I had to do the pictures with flash.

It´s a great jacket with a great fit.

If you have any questions or wanna see some details of the jacket let me know.

I also own the 626VN which Gail talkin´about.

IMG_96581.JPG IMG_96591.JPG IMG_96601.JPG IMG_96611.JPG IMG_96641.JPG IMG_96651.JPG IMG_96691.JPG IMG_96582.JPG IMG_96592.JPG IMG_96602.JPG IMG_96642.JPG IMG_96652.JPG IMG_96692.JPG

reverymike on 03/31/16 at 04:07 PM

These do look great.  I love how the sleeves have the wear lines where the sleeves have kinda bunched up.

Tough decision to make.  I still have some time though.

Gail on 04/01/16 at 06:51 AM

Mike, I know this decision on what jacket to purchase is a hard one for you, especially when you can not see or try on the jacket before you buy it. Unfortunately there are many areas in the US that do not have retailers in their area, that was our main reason for offering our jackets on a website to the consumer. Since we offer all our customers a full refund or exchange on any jacket, your best option may be to order the jacket. By being able to see and try on the jacket this may help you in deciding. If it does not work for you, just return the unworn jackets with the tags attached and Schott will exchange or refund you. I know you are deciding, but please be aware we are coming into Motorcyce season and our popular motorcycle styles do get sold out in some sizes at times. If this should happen to be the case when you do place an order, you may have to wait for the jacket to ship until new production is finished, which at times could be up to 3-4 weeks to be completed. I only mention this so you are aware and I do not want you to be disappointed once you do place your order. Also want to thank all our members who posted photos and comments to help Mike in making a decision.

Gail

reverymike on 04/01/16 at 09:57 AM

Thanks Gail.  You guys sure do make it difficult with all these awesome jackets!  :)  

Okay, one more question:  I've been looking at the Per22 over the last couple days.  Is that the same leather as the 519?

As for waiting for the jacket, I'm okay with that.   I've been wanting a Schott leather for several years, so waiting a month or two after I order it isn't a big deal.  I'm actually probably another 3-4 months away from placing the order.

Thank you so much for all your help!

blackkeys on 04/01/16 at 11:17 AM

Hi Mike,

I had the PER22 and I think it is a different type of leather.

I´ve ended up to sell the PER22 and bought the 519.

For me is the 519 the right jacket. No regret to look back :-)

Maybe you should really take a look at the 626VN.

Also a really nice one that I´ve own also.

reverymike on 04/01/16 at 11:43 AM

blackkeys wrote:

Hi Mike,

I had the PER22 and I think it is a different type of leather.

I´ve ended up to sell the PER22 and bought the 519.

For me is the 519 the right jacket. No regret to look back :-)

Maybe you should really take a look at the 626VN.

Also a really nice one that I´ve own also.

What was it about the Per22 leather that you didn't like?  What is it about the 519 that you really like over the Per22?   Thanks!!

blackkeys on 04/01/16 at 12:38 PM

The PER22 is from waxy cowhide and the leather looks and feel smoother in my opinion. The leather was nice but I didn´t like the brass hardware and the zippers.

I´m more in those typical ring pull zippers.

My opinion: The 519 is more Rock´n´Roll. The PER22 for me is more Gentleman :-)

But it´s just my opinion.

If your in that vintaged look of a Schott keep an eye on the 626VN. I attached some pics from mine.

A great jacket but not as heavy as my 519.

IMG_96583.JPG IMG_96593.JPG IMG_96603.JPG IMG_96612.JPG IMG_96643.JPG IMG_96653.JPG IMG_96784.JPG IMG_96792.JPG IMG_96801.JPG IMG_96811.JPG IMG_96821.JPG IMG_96831.JPG

reverymike on 04/01/16 at 01:12 PM

Awesome. I definitely want Rock & Roll.

I think I'll stick with the 519 and just see how it is once I get it.

Thanks!!

reverymike on 04/01/16 at 01:13 PM

Redacted.  Just realized those 519 pics were yours.

blackkeys on 04/01/16 at 02:19 PM

Hi Mike!
These pics were mine? I don´t understand....

The pics from the 519 and 626VN are from my jackets, yes.

You won´t get wrong with a 519.

Have fun. Greetings from germany.

Rene

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE