ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Jollyjoejr

FUNFACT: Please help me identify this great jacket. As a friend who I road with many years ago gave me this jacket. It fits me perfect. pulled this out of storage and want to use it to ride my Harley. The jacket has a musty smell and I will need some advice. thx

Age of my 618 Schott

Hi Gial, This jacket was given to me by a friend who road motorcycle with. I pulled this out of storage and decided to start using this great jacket when riding my Harley. The jacket fits me perfectly other then the musty smell. I love the jacket and want to make good use of it as my dear friend has past. Any help with finding out when this jacket was made and also any suggestions on how to remove the musty old smells from the leather would be appreciated. Thank you

image699.jpg image700.jpg image701.jpg image702.jpg image703.jpg image704.jpg

Bahabp100 on 01/11/21 at 11:09 PM

Looks old I've never seen that pocket ticket . Check this post out : 

https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/schott_perfecto_timeline.htm

Jollyjoejr on 01/12/21 at 07:14 PM

Thank you for the response, I believe this jacket is from the 80s or 70s. The jacket. My friend was in his late 60s when he past over ten years ago. The jacket has the tag on the coin pocket which make me believe its from the 80s Then there is the neck label and zipper Talon that’s more consistent to the 70s. Please take a look at these photos or give me any direction to help with determining the year this jacket was manufactured. Thank you

attached to this reply are two more photos 

326144A2776C4BCB87B0C19049491C101.jpeg D3C587D34A3A426682BCE201C2C727941.jpeg

Bahabp100 on 01/12/21 at 08:51 PM

Late 1960's - Neck label is black with bull and cactus, Perfecto genuine steerhide - handcut Schott Bros. Small white size tag with red letters directly below neck label.

Early 1970's - Neck label is square, black with Schott in white curly letters above orange and yellow coat of arms (lion? and unicorn on the sides of it and an S in the middle). 'Arrow head' inside ring zipper pulls.

Mid - late 1970's - Jackets are made out of steerhide (613/618) and naked cowhide (118, introduced in 1977). Neck label is rectangular, creme white with bull in upper left corner, Perfecto in yellow diagonal stripe and by Schott Bros. in lower right corner. Small white size tag with red letters directly to the right of neck label. TALON cuff zippers. 'Ring' zipper pulls. Side pockets are at an approx. 55° angle and breast pocket at a 60° angle.

Early 1980's - Schott NYC appears on neck label, small white size tag with black letters directly to the right of neck label, tag with american flag and Made in U.S.A directly to the right of neck label (under small white size tag). Nothing printed on leather neck hanger. Schott (YKK) main zipper, EMAR cuff zippers and rectangular belt buckle with oval sides. Pocket zippers now close down. Lining goes all the way down inside of jackets, leather sleeve placates. A slight dip in bottom part of lower back panel, otherwise straight.

Mid 1980's - Schott stops producing the 613 One Star. Underarm footballs, two piece underside sleeves, oval lower back panel, inside pocket and snaps on collar are introduced. Snaps for attaching fur collar are removed (no fur collar produced). Snaps have Schott stamped on them. Motorcycle rider instead of bull appears on neck label, size is printed on the american flag tag.

Bahabp100 on 01/12/21 at 08:55 PM

You have the bull label and buckle with oval sides as mentioned below

Late 1960's - Neck label is black with bull and cactus, Perfecto genuine steerhide - handcut Schott Bros. Small white size tag with red letters directly below neck label.

Early 1970's - Neck label is square, black with Schott in white curly letters above orange and yellow coat of arms (lion? and unicorn on the sides of it and an S in the middle). 'Arrow head' inside ring zipper pulls.

Mid - late 1970's - Jackets are made out of steerhide (613/618) and naked cowhide (118, introduced in 1977). Neck label is rectangular, creme white with bull in upper left corner, Perfecto in yellow diagonal stripe and by Schott Bros. in lower right corner. Small white size tag with red letters directly to the right of neck label. TALON cuff zippers. 'Ring' zipper pulls. Side pockets are at an approx. 55° angle and breast pocket at a 60° angle.

Early 1980's - Schott NYC appears on neck label, small white size tag with black letters directly to the right of neck label, tag with american flag and Made in U.S.A directly to the right of neck label (under small white size tag). Nothing printed on leather neck hanger. Schott (YKK) main zipper, EMAR cuff zippers and rectangular belt buckle with oval sides. Pocket zippers now close down. Lining goes all the way down inside of jackets, leather sleeve placates. A slight dip in bottom part of lower back panel, otherwise straight.

Mid 1980's - Schott stops producing the 613 One Star. Underarm footballs, two piece underside sleeves, oval lower back panel, inside pocket and snaps on collar are introduced. Snaps for attaching fur collar are removed (no fur collar produced). Snaps have Schott stamped on them. Motorcycle rider instead of bull appears on neck label, size is printed on the american flag tag.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE