ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
sosborne

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with sosborne, for fear of being burned.

Age of I-S-674-M-S

I am trying to find out the age of this flight jacket. Picture that I have attached  shows a "made in the USA" tag to the right of the  to the main tag. Also...what does I-S-674-M-S mean?Thanks!!!

Also the zipper says Schott instead of Talon.

Gail on 09/19/11 at 10:58 AM

The IS674MS was a label designed to be used in all styles of A/2 flight jackets. Just as the Perfecto label used in all our motorcycle jackets and named after Melvin's Schott Cigar the IS674MS also represents something. The first 2 letters "IS" represents Irving Schott the founder of  the company, the style 674 was the original A/2 jacket they made and the last 2 letters "MS" represented Melvin Schott. The first label was in a Tyvek paper and used in the jackets from approximately 1965 - 1975, the label was then made into a woven cloth label and used from 1975 - 1990. This label was used in the A/2 flight styles in many variations of styling and all having different style numbers.

Based on the jacket you have posted the jacket was the style 674SM or the 574SM with the acrylic sherpa pile lining and the acrylic fur collar. The 674SM in Steerhide leather with a Schott logo pull zipper was produced from the late 1970's - 1987. We also started using the USA Flag label with the size on it in the late 1970's. The 574SM was in a Top Grain Cowhide and was produced in 1988 & 1989, unfortuantely I cannot deternine a type of leather by a photo.

In the styles 674MS & 574MS the letters MS stood "m"outon fur collar and "s"herpa pile lining.

Gail

sosborne on 09/19/11 at 10:55 PM

Thanks Gail! It is amazing to hear the history!

lithium89 on 09/29/15 at 12:48 PM

Gail wrote:

The IS674MS was a label designed to be used in all styles of A/2 flight jackets. Just as the Perfecto label used in all our motorcycle jackets and named after Melvin's Schott Cigar the IS674MS also represents something. The first 2 letters "IS" represents Irving Schott the founder of  the company, the style 674 was the original A/2 jacket they made and the last 2 letters "MS" represented Melvin Schott. The first label was in a Tyvek paper and used in the jackets from approximately 1965 - 1975, the label was then made into a woven cloth label and used from 1975 - 1990. This label was used in the A/2 flight styles in many variations of styling and all having different style numbers.

Based on the jacket you have posted the jacket was the style 674SM or the 574SM with the acrylic sherpa pile lining and the acrylic fur collar. The 674SM in Steerhide leather with a Schott logo pull zipper was produced from the late 1970's - 1987. We also started using the USA Flag label with the size on it in the late 1970's. The 574SM was in a Top Grain Cowhide and was produced in 1988 & 1989, unfortuantely I cannot deternine a type of leather by a photo.

In the styles 674MS & 574MS the letters MS stood "m"outon fur collar and "s"herpa pile lining.

Gail

Hello, I have questions about schott like this, I have just one just like this but with red made in usa tag, it has sherpa lining but only on the neck while on the body used standart lining, but unfortunately the label was destroyed so I can't provide information about the serial number, can you tell me what year my jacket was made, this is my 2 schott jacket, thanks before

Gail on 09/30/15 at 06:07 AM

Unfortunately I can not determine the age of the jackt just based on what you listed. I will need photos, of the jacket front, back and lining. Name on front zipper pull, made in USA label, main label if pocket label is not still in the jacket or the pocket ticketnot sure what label you are missing.

GAIL

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE