ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
SonnySlim

FUNFACT: SonnySlim can kill two stones with one bird.

740N sizing for a slim fit ?

Decided to buy a peacoat for cold weather.

I have read several reviews that say the classic 740N fits very big and roomy...

I like a very slim fit but the other models are lighter and not for very cold weather.

My height is 5.5 inches with a kind of skinny body, i usually wear 28 waist and my chest is 38 inches.

Which size would be recommended to wear it tight? 
Do you think i can fit in a size 32?

Manolito on 01/23/20 at 01:11 AM

I'm taller than you, (6'), my chest size is 38 too and for a slim size, I wear a 34 which is just right. Smaller, I think it wiould be uncomfortable, especially for the shoulders and the armpits... 36 is a fine regular size and 38 is reasonably oversized...

SonnySlim on 01/23/20 at 06:29 AM

Thanks for the answer!

You are much taller than me.. Actually this makes me think that the sleeves of a 34 will be too long for me.

I always buy size XS, if you are 6 feet tall I doubt you wear that same size..

SonnySlim on 01/23/20 at 07:31 AM

Manolito wrote:

I'm taller than you, (6'), my chest size is 38 too and for a slim size, I wear a 34 which is just right. Smaller, I think it wiould be uncomfortable, especially for the shoulders and the armpits... 36 is a fine regular size and 38 is reasonably oversized...

Thanks for the answer!

You are much taller than me.. Actually this makes me think that the sleeves of a 34 will be too long for me.

I always buy size XS, if you are 6 feet tall I doubt you wear that same size..

Manolito on 01/24/20 at 01:23 AM

True, the sleeves of the 740 are quite long. In 34, the sleeves (and the back) are just the right length for me. I ususally wear M, sometimes S for some oversized jackets, but it is rare. 

And the wool tends to relax as you wear your peacoat in a slim fit. My 34 today is less narrow than it was when I bought it.  So maybe you could try a 32...

Gail on 01/24/20 at 10:36 AM

We can help you with the size you are in a jacket, we can not recommend a size based on a preference of fit you want. based on your height I can confirm that a jacket will be too long in the back length and sleeve. The jacket will need tailoring.

Gail

SonnySlim on 01/24/20 at 03:50 PM

Gail wrote:

We can help you with the size you are in a jacket, we can not recommend a size based on a preference of fit you want. based on your height I can confirm that a jacket will be too long in the back length and sleeve. The jacket will need tailoring.

Gail

Hello Gail,

Thanks for the message!

You mean this peacoat will need tailoring in any case?

My height is 5.5 and my weight is 135 pounds with a chest measurements of 38 inches.

aussiewolf on 02/03/20 at 04:34 AM

I received my brand new 740N (leather) today. I was also torn between the 32 and the 34... I went with the 34 in the end.

Some thoughts on the fit. 170cm and 63kg. 38s suit jacket and 38 in other Schott jackets.

First of all, it feels great. The jacket hugs my shoulders; it's just the right amount of tightness without being restrictive.

The body is slim without being too slim. It has the defined shape and none of the boxiness you get with a 38 or 40. I would not call it very slim.

Sleeves are a touch too long but aren't close to covering my fingers. The arms are very roomy. With the wool 740N, a tailor can shorten these for you, but not with leather.

Length of the body is perfect.

I feel like I could fit into the 32 with no problem and with enough room throughout the jacket for a thick jumper or hoodie if I wanted to wear a very slim fit... but:

There's no way I would be able to rest my hands in the side pockets with a 32. They're tight even on the 34.

I also imagine reaching into the two inside pockets (they're great, loads of room!) for stuff would be very restrictive with the 32.

If you're thinking about wearing a 740N with a t-shirt... forget it. It doesn't matter how much you size down, the coat will look massive with just a tee.

But all in all, it would be the very slim fit you're after but at the cost of the practicality of the 34.

Are you in the U.S.? Try both... I wish I had that luxury!

SonnySlim on 02/03/20 at 05:39 PM

aussiewolf wrote:

I received my brand new 740N (leather) today. I was also torn between the 32 and the 34... I went with the 34 in the end.

Some thoughts on the fit. 170cm and 63kg. 38s suit jacket and 38 in other Schott jackets.

First of all, it feels great. The jacket hugs my shoulders; it's just the right amount of tightness without being restrictive.

The body is slim without being too slim. It has the defined shape and none of the boxiness you get with a 38 or 40. I would not call it very slim.

Sleeves are a touch too long but aren't close to covering my fingers. The arms are very roomy. With the wool 740N, a tailor can shorten these for you, but not with leather.

Length of the body is perfect.

I feel like I could fit into the 32 with no problem and with enough room throughout the jacket for a thick jumper or hoodie if I wanted to wear a very slim fit... but:

There's no way I would be able to rest my hands in the side pockets with a 32. They're tight even on the 34.

I also imagine reaching into the two inside pockets (they're great, loads of room!) for stuff would be very restrictive with the 32.

If you're thinking about wearing a 740N with a t-shirt... forget it. It doesn't matter how much you size down, the coat will look massive with just a tee.

But all in all, it would be the very slim fit you're after but at the cost of the practicality of the 34.

Are you in the U.S.? Try both... I wish I had that luxury!

 

Many thanks for the reply on the post!

I have read several reviews and suggestions and ordered a size 32 which has arrived last Friday.

It fits perfectly and not too tight at all.

I actually want to write this hoping can help to many others.. i always buy size XS with any brands and i know size 34 would have been too big.

I am 5.5 tall but with a slight athletic build, in fact my chest measures 38 inches and the automatic size guide from Schott website would recommend size 34 for a very slim fit.

This is so wrong!

I know for sure that a size 34 would fit way too big on me as i could actually be ok with a slight smaller size.. 

This coat definitely fit one size bigger and whoever wear a size XS needs to go with a 32.

In my opinion this should be corrected by Schott website.

I am lucky i got the right size at first shot and i have to say that i love the coat!

Excellent quality and very warm.

One button arrived already loose and will need some fixing but other than that great jacket.

I believe the sizing guide online is not correct as if i was following it i would have bought a size 34 and then returned it.

SonnySlim on 02/03/20 at 05:41 PM

Many thanks for tall the replies!!!

I have read several reviews and suggestions and ordered a size 32 which has arrived last Friday.

It fits perfectly and not too tight at all.

I actually want to write this hoping can help to many others.. i always buy size XS with any brands and i know size 34 would have been too big.

I am 5.5 tall but with a slight athletic build, in fact my chest measures 38 inches and the automatic size guide from Schott website would recommend size 34 for a very slim fit.

This is so wrong!

I know for sure that a size 34 would fit way too big on me as i could actually be ok with a slight smaller size then 32.

This coat definitely fit one size bigger and whoever wear a size XS needs to go with a 32.

In my opinion this should be corrected by Schott website.

I am lucky i got the right size at first shot and i have to say that i love the coat!

Excellent quality and very warm.

One button arrived already loose and will need some fixing but other than that great jacket.

I believe the sizing guide online is not correct as if i was following it i would have bought a size 34 and then returned it.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE
Reply