ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
jaycee

FUNFACT: jaycee can unscramble an egg.

740 peacoat sizing help

I'm looking to order a basic 740 peacoat from you guys and wondering if they run true to size or slightly bigger. Most jackets I wear are XL do you think i would be a 44 or a 46 any help will be appreciated ..

Donwest724 on 11/05/14 at 04:31 PM

Just saw your inquiry and I would like to offer you some info. I have the 740N in a 48 and it is roomy. You don't want to wear it snug fitting. Leave a bit of room so you can wear a sweater or sweatshirt under it. Even though you may not need to. It is a very warm coat. I personally would go with a 46. But that's your call. You won't be disappointed with the purchase.

Gail on 11/05/14 at 05:15 PM

The classic peacoat is sold in actual chest sizes, not a graded sizing. Measure your chest from under your arm and around your body, if your chest measures 46" you are a size 46. Please note if you are over 6' you may need a "Long" size to accommodate your height and sleeve length. If you need additional help with sizing or need specs for the jacket in your size please contact Jerri in customer service. You can reach her at this email address: jerri@schottnyc.com Gail

Diesel on 11/06/14 at 09:02 AM

But beware the Tall size!  I am 6' 4" and around 240 and I've been advised before to take the Tall option (not from Schott, from C******t)  but it was a bad match.  I take a regular; long sizes are too long in the sleeve for me.  If you're not sure, I'd take Gail's advice and call for a fitting.  Doesn't cost anything and its worth every penny.

Gail on 11/06/14 at 12:37 PM

Diesel, At 6' 4", I too would have thought you needed a long size in a jacket, especially for the sleeve length to be past your wrist. But like I always try to rely to customers each individual do have different body structure, and preference in a fit. In your case you must have very long legs but a shorter back and sleeve length than needed for the average 6'4" person. If anyone has a doubt on their size they should always contact customer service for the measurements of the jacket in their size. Gail

jaycee on 11/06/14 at 01:32 PM

I actually found a retail store that carries the 740 about an hour from me so I drove up this morning and purchased a 44 which fit me the great!. After measuring my chest as suggested by Gail I realized my chest is a 40 1/2 so the 44 gives me plenty of room for a sweater of some sort. I'm about 6'2 190 lbs and the sleeves drop right at my knuckles. Thanks for all suggestions and comments I appreciate it.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE