ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR CHAT
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
vovapopizdova

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only vovapopizdova's laughter.

618 Size Dilemma

Hey Ho!

So i'm 5,6 ft tall, and 157lb. My chest is 39/40ish...it's 98 in cm. Shoulders are 16,5".

Size guide suggests getting size 40 in 618 for a slim look, but i'm afraid 40 will zip okay, but the sleeves will bulk up and shoulders will be dropped ugly.

Should i get size 38?

Thanks!!!

Trunk on 09/16/20 at 08:14 PM

I would recommend contacting customer service for all of the measurements for sizes 38 and 40. Compare the jacket measurements to your body measurements and go from there. If you have average shoulders, I suspect you'll be fine if you select the correct chest size. If you have particularly narrow shoulders, you can look into one of the Japanese-market jackets like the 613UST which has narrower shoulders.

Edit: I just looked at the 613S measurements. If the 618 is anything like the 613S, the difference in the shoulders from size 38 to size 40 is 5/8". It all boils down to your personal preference, though.

RotationSensation on 09/17/20 at 08:34 AM

Hello,

Regarding your size and weight i would go for 38

I know each person is different but for exemple my brother is 5"7/64kg and he is wearing a 36, his chest is a 37.5" but 38 sizes are just too big for him

vovapopizdova on 09/17/20 at 08:59 AM

RotationSensation wrote:

Hello,

I know each person is different but for exemple my brother is 5"7/64kg and he is wearing a 36, his chest is a 37.5" but 38 sizes are just too big for him

Hi

Thanks for your reply, that's what i thought actually. Had Schott Sportswear, size 36, kinda 613 variation. It was good sleeves-wise, but too tight in a chest, so sizing one up was logical.

I have an option on buying a used 618, do you know the time period by any chance, and how's it diffirent from a modern 618?

Lot 1460, Bndl 17, no barcode. YKK zipper, rider on a label. Pic attached

Thaaaanks

jacket label

vovapopizdova on 09/17/20 at 09:00 AM

Trunk wrote:

I would recommend contacting customer service for all of the measurements for sizes 38 and 40. Compare the jacket measurements to your body measurements and go from there. If you have average shoulders, I suspect you'll be fine if you select the correct chest size. If you have particularly narrow shoulders, you can look into one of the Japanese-market jackets like the 613UST which has narrower shoulders.

Edit: I just looked at the 613S measurements. If the 618 is anything like the 613S, the difference in the shoulders from size 38 to size 40 is 5/8". It all boils down to your personal preference, though.

Thanks!

RotationSensation on 09/17/20 at 09:42 AM

vovapopizdova wrote:
RotationSensation wrote:

Hello,

Hi

Thanks for your reply, that's what i thought actually. Had Schott Sportswear, size 36, kinda 613 variation. It was good sleeves-wise, but too tight in a chest, so sizing one up was logical.

I have an option on buying a used 618, do you know the time period by any chance, and how's it diffirent from a modern 618?

Lot 1460, Bndl 17, no barcode. YKK zipper, rider on a label. Pic attached

Thaaaanks

You are welcome, from the infos you gave i can tell it's been made between 1985 and 1992

Gail used to say that "vintage" jackets size small, it is sometimes true and sometimes not, ask for measurements if possible

ToneGrail on 09/21/20 at 11:29 AM

It really depends on your body proportions and where the bottom of the jacket hits you.

Do you have a gut? If so then I wouldn't recommend sizing down as you won't be able to close the jacket. Also if you have a short torso and longer legs even if you don't have a gut, the bottom sweep of the jacket would fall at the hips, preventing it from being closed. There are several variables to consider.

For example, if you have a 36 inch waist there's no way you're going to be able to close a 38 since the bottom sweep of this jacket is 38" (measured around the outside of the coat), which basically means that the largest waist size (or hip size depending on where it falls) it will accomodate is about 4" less than that or 34". 

Just for reference, I am 5'7", 120 lbs, 33" chest, 16.5" shoulders, 28" waist, 34" hips. I wear a size 36 even though it's a bit loose in the chest and shoulder areas because the size 34 falls at my hips and it was difficult to close as a result. The 34 fits me perfectly in the shoulders and chest though.

The bottom line is that if you want to be able to close the jacket comfortably then you might need to settle for a bigger baggier look in the chest and shoulders if you don't have a tall frame and a muscular upper body with a narrow waist / hourglass shape.

What are you actual hip, chest, & waist measurments?

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE