ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
nesty77

FUNFACT: Kanye West lets nesty77 finish before giving his opinion.

618 Perfecto Sizing help

Hi All - I purchased the 618 perfecto jacket early this year. Back when i purchased this jacket, i was a bit overweight and at that time i purchased the size 38. It look fine then, but now that im back at my regular weight and started eating better and being more active, i feel that the jacket might be a bit too big for me.

I am 5"4 123 weight and chest size is 35-35.5. I think the shoulders fit me ok, but on this jacket the arms sides look puffy on me. Im thinking that maybe i should downsize to 34 or 36.

I wonder if its worth it for me to get a proper size for my body as i am looking for a more snugg fit. I dont ride bikes so its more for a fashion jacket as i do like the looks a lot. 

Here are some pics so you can get the idea. Any input will be great appreciated. 

IMG_14831.jpg IMG_14792.jpg IMG_14801.jpg IMG_14822.jpg IMG_14812.jpg

RebelGreaser on 12/28/19 at 02:29 PM

it depends what fit you want ,Id try 34. I like the slim fit look, my chest is 40.5 and i wear a 38 in the 618 and 118

nesty77 on 12/29/19 at 06:33 PM

RebelGreaser wrote:

it depends what fit you want ,Id try 34. I like the slim fit look, my chest is 40.5 and i wear a 38 in the 618 and 118

Thank you; i was thinking on getting the 34 but maybe it might be too tight and as i understand the steerhide doesnt strech does it 

 

mkorofi13 on 01/02/20 at 06:31 PM

I think you should also consider the possibility and likelyhood of gaining a few pounds (muscle or otherwise) over the many years you will own the jacket. Therefore I reckon 36 should be the smallest you go.Perhaps sticking with the 38 will work out better in the long run?

I'm a 'potato shaped' brother trying to work out the right size for my first Perfecto (preferably 118). I'm 5'8,with a 40" chest  (34 waist) and I thought 38 would be the right size for me. However, after lloking at your photos, I'm not so sure any more.

anyhow if you end up deciding to sell the 38, do let me know.

I hope you manage to take a call on the size, and be content with it.

Peace.

nesty77 on 01/02/20 at 07:01 PM

mkorofi13 wrote:

I think you should also consider the possibility and likelyhood of gaining a few pounds (muscle or otherwise) over the many years you will own the jacket. Therefore I reckon 36 should be the smallest you go.Perhaps sticking with the 38 will work out better in the long run?

I'm a 'potato shaped' brother trying to work out the right size for my first Perfecto (preferably 118). I'm 5'8,with a 40" chest  (34 waist) and I thought 38 would be the right size for me. However, after lloking at your photos, I'm not so sure any more.

anyhow if you end up deciding to sell the 38, do let me know.

I hope you manage to take a call on the size, and be content with it.

Peace.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, i got this jacket in size 34 and it is very tight, i can barely close it and its not comfortable imo. I will exchange for size 36 and see what happens. 

But like you said, i should only consider the chances that i will gain a bit of weight or muscle as im being more active now. 

BTW, i feel like this jackets fit smaller. For example, i feel like a 38 fits like a 36 on the shoulder/chest area. On the other hand, i like the fit of this jacket but i am not 100% sure on the puffiness on the side my arms. Im thinking with wear the puffiness will be less, but idk.

I also went to the nyc store and tried the 118 perfecto but that jacket has a longer cut, so i didnt like how it look on me since im pretty small. Maybe that jacket might work for you? 

I will PM you for sure if i end up liking the size 36 better. 

Gail on 01/03/20 at 02:27 PM

Just so you know if the jacket has been worn as I see some wrinkles in the sleeve and I do see all hangtags, removed they may not exchange the jacket. It would be inspected and the policy of the retailer.

Gail

nesty77 on 01/03/20 at 03:59 PM

Gail wrote:

Just so you know if the jacket has been worn as I see some wrinkles in the sleeve and I do see all hangtags, removed they may not exchange the jacket. It would be inspected and the policy of the retailer.

Gail

The jacket in the pics is my 618 size 38 that i purchased over 1 year ago and used multiple times.

The jacket that i was refering on my past post is the size 34 618 perfecto that i order and recieved last week. I will be returning that one it still has the tags and its brand new. 

mkorofi13 on 01/03/20 at 05:41 PM

nesty77 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, i got this jacket in size 34 and it is very tight, i can barely close it and its not comfortable imo. I will exchange for size 36 and see what happens. 

But like you said, i should only consider the chances that i will gain a bit of weight or muscle as im being more active now. 

BTW, i feel like this jackets fit smaller. For example, i feel like a 38 fits like a 36 on the shoulder/chest area. On the other hand, i like the fit of this jacket but i am not 100% sure on the puffiness on the side my arms. Im thinking with wear the puffiness will be less, but idk.

I also went to the nyc store and tried the 118 perfecto but that jacket has a longer cut, so i didnt like how it look on me since im pretty small. Maybe that jacket might work for you? 

I will PM you for sure if i end up liking the size 36 better. 

Perhaps you could get the puffy sleeves altered slightly? on the 38 that you own. Because the rest of the jacket seems to fit fine on you, in my opinion. 

I think you are right, for me, that I will need a 118. either that or I will get a custom made. As I'm also not such a tall guy, I really dislike when the rest of the jacket fits well, but the sleeves are too long.  

nesty77 on 01/03/20 at 07:34 PM

mkorofi13 wrote:
nesty77 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, i got this jacket in size 34 and it is very tight, i can barely close it and its not comfortable imo. I will exchange for size 36 and see what happens. 

But like you said, i should only consider the chances that i will gain a bit of weight or muscle as im being more active now. 

BTW, i feel like this jackets fit smaller. For example, i feel like a 38 fits like a 36 on the shoulder/chest area. On the other hand, i like the fit of this jacket but i am not 100% sure on the puffiness on the side my arms. Im thinking with wear the puffiness will be less, but idk.

I also went to the nyc store and tried the 118 perfecto but that jacket has a longer cut, so i didnt like how it look on me since im pretty small. Maybe that jacket might work for you? 

I will PM you for sure if i end up liking the size 36 better. 

Perhaps you could get the puffy sleeves altered slightly? on the 38 that you own. Because the rest of the jacket seems to fit fine on you, in my opinion. 

I think you are right, for me, that I will need a 118. either that or I will get a custom made. As I'm also not such a tall guy, I really dislike when the rest of the jacket fits well, but the sleeves are too long.  

I went to a shop where they do leather alterations. I was told that that extra space on the arms its by design and that will be very difficult to altered the sleeves without damaging the jacket. I will go to a different shop for a second opinion. 

Gail on 01/05/20 at 10:02 AM

The style 118/618 are actually motorcycle riding jacket designed for riding and protection. The motorcycle jacket will have longer sleeves usually 1-1/2 - 2"  past the wrist, tis allows when riding and arms are extended causing the sleeve to rides up. The width of the sleeve is also design for riding too tight and it constricts movement of the arms when riding. If you do not ride then I suggest looking at one of our fashioned M/C styles. We at Schott do alter sleeve lengths but not width. If you are looking to make the sleeves narrower I suggest sending any alteration like that to Arrow Leather Care.

Gail

mkorofi13 on 01/06/20 at 06:53 AM

nesty77 wrote:

I went to a shop where they do leather alterations. I was told that that extra space on the arms its by design and that will be very difficult to altered the sleeves without damaging the jacket. I will go to a different shop for a second opinion. 

There was a guy on youtube who got the sleeves reduced in width. trying to find the video. Surely a difficult and probably expensive job, but shouldn't be impossible. Best of luck.

mkorofi13 on 01/06/20 at 07:49 AM

When you tried the 34, how was the sleeve length? too short or still ok?

nesty77 on 01/06/20 at 01:19 PM

mkorofi13 wrote:

When you tried the 34, how was the sleeve length? too short or still ok?

The size 34 sleeves was still long. I forgot to mentioned that the size 38 that i own had the sleeve lenght altered.

It makes sense that the sleeves are longer than normal since its designed for bike rides. 

nesty77 on 01/07/20 at 03:30 PM

BTW, i went to a leather alteration and they quoted me $200 to 'try' to make the arms fit slimmer. They do not seem 100% sure they can do the job right. I will just leave the jacket as it is.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE
Reply