ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Martin64

FUNFACT: There is no such thing as thunder, only Martin64's laughter.

618 length

i bought a size 44 Schott 618J thinking it was a regular jacket off Etsy. Seems that this model was made for the French market and is extra thick and stiff. It measures 23 from the base of the collar to the bottom of the back of the jacket. I would really like a 25-26" preferably with slimmer upper arms slim fit. Any suggestions? 

mjolnir on 03/24/19 at 02:27 AM

Try on the style LC 1140. Slimmer, slightly longer body but without belt. Made with lambskin (the plain 1140 model) and also with cowhide (1140 Icon). I have both of them in size XL. 

For you, the size may be between L and XL depending how broad are your shoulders.

jorgen83 on 03/24/19 at 02:50 AM

You want the 519.

Martin64 on 03/24/19 at 04:42 AM

Thank You. I will check out both of those as options, I am thinking the 519 as this is still heavier but not as heavy.

TradCat on 03/25/19 at 03:48 AM

613S

Gail on 03/25/19 at 08:08 AM

Being in the UK, you want to be sure if you order from the US you are purchasing a jacket that you will be happy with. The LC 1140 is a European stye and ot made or sold in the US, so I am unable  to comment on the fit or weight of the leather, but it would seem you would be able to try on this jacket at a retailers. You did mention you wanted a 25/26" back length, which may mean you want a longer jacket because you are a taller person. If you are over 6' you may need a "long" size in a jacket. On the jackets made in the US such as 519, 613S, or the 118L in a long size you can contact Denise in our customer service and request the measurement specs for the styles and you can then compare the specs to the 618J that you now have.

Gail

Martin64 on 03/25/19 at 03:12 PM

Gail wrote:

Being in the UK, you want to be sure if you order from the US you are purchasing a jacket that you will be happy with. The LC 1140 is a European stye and ot made or sold in the US, so I am unable  to comment on the fit or weight of the leather, but it would seem you would be able to try on this jacket at a retailers. You did mention you wanted a 25/26" back length, which may mean you want a longer jacket because you are a taller person. If you are over 6' you may need a "long" size in a jacket. On the jackets made in the US such as 519, 613S, or the 118L in a long size you can contact Denise in our customer service and request the measurement specs for the styles and you can then compare the specs to the 618J that you now have.

Gail

Martin64 on 03/25/19 at 03:19 PM

Hi Gail, No not too tall. I am 5"9' but I am not so slim on the waist at 36" so I want the jacket to just dip below the belt line. In another brand 25.5 - 26 is perfect. I am thinking the 613S, if this is a slim fit with no underarm air vent that can bulk out the arms. I want the jacket for fashion not riding and the slimmer slightly longer shape feels better for me. I like the one stars. Is it possible this jacket can have the plain snaps on the top collar too? I like this symmetry.

Thank You

Martin

TradCat on 03/25/19 at 06:44 PM

Yeah you can have the snaps applied but you have to receive and approve the jacket first. I had to go to the store in San Francisco a week ago and sent it from there to the factory to have multiple snaps applied. I won't have it back for a few weeks more but it'll be exactly what I want. 

Short answer is yes but they will not alter a jacket ordered online until you have it shipped to you first. Sucks but that's their policy.

Gail on 03/26/19 at 08:12 AM

Martin,

All motorcycle jackets tapper in at the waist, if your waist is a larger size you need to purchase a jacket that will accommodate your waist. I honestly do not feel a slim fit will work for you and because the jacket is longer, does not mean it will be a good fit at the waist. You can not judge the fit of our jacket by another brand jacket you have tried on, each manufacturer has their own patterns. For example the classic 618 tapers in 4" at the waist from the chest measurement. The 618S will be even a slimmer fit.As I suggested previous you need to email Denise and request the specs for the styles. Her direct email is: Denise@schottnyc.com

Gail

Martin64 on 03/27/19 at 07:09 PM

Thanks Gail. I'll think it over and email Denise soon.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE