ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
Schott N.Y.C.
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
mozi

FUNFACT: mozi can unscramble an egg.

613S blsack star How to maintain it?

Hello everyone:

613s black star.

It's made of horween CXL cowhide. Does anyone know how to maintain it?

Its cortex is aging too fast. I want to put some oil on it. Do you have any experience?

Thank you.

RotationSensation on 04/04/20 at 06:21 AM

Hello

Schott recommend other wax oil

But if u want the best possible product i advice you to buy "peccard", most leather enthusiast are using these products to restore or nurrish their jackets

Never tried it myself cause shipping for France is expensive as hell but i've read many nice things about it

https://pecard.com/

Tribes1 on 04/05/20 at 09:10 AM

Horween CXL is stuffed with oils and waxes. You should not have to do anything to it

for 20yrs LOL. What I assume you speak of, is the top color fading to reveal the brown under color correct?

This happens quickly with CXL. I have always thought Schott does not explain this well enough.

This type of leather is made to do exactly that. I have a jacket made of CXL, and was very dissapointed

to see how fast it went from black to browm.

mozi on 04/05/20 at 11:34 PM

RotationSensation wrote:

Hello

But if u want the best possible product i advice you to buy "peccard", most leather enthusiast are using these products to restore or nurrish their jackets

Never tried it myself cause shipping for France is expensive as hell but i've read many nice things about it

Hello, sir.

First of all, thank you for your answers and help. Thank you for your recommendation.

I want black star fur to slow down the aging.

It's aging too fast, I hope it can grow old as I do, instead of just wearing it for a few months.

I'd like to try croissant to see if I can make the old brass darker.

I bought French "Saphir" (Jojoba and mink) products.

Thanks again!

mozi on 04/05/20 at 11:37 PM

mozi wrote:
RotationSensation wrote:

Hello

Hello, sir.

First of all, thank you for your answers and help. Thank you for your recommendation.

I want black star fur to slow down the aging.

It's aging too fast, I hope it can grow old as I do, instead of just wearing it for a few months.

I'd like to try croissant to see if I can make the old brass darker.

I bought French "Saphir" (Jojoba and mink) products.

Thanks again!

mozi on 04/05/20 at 11:46 PM

Tribes1 wrote:

Horween CXL is stuffed with oils and waxes. You should not have to do anything to it

for 20yrs LOL. What I assume you speak of, is the top color fading to reveal the brown under color correct?

This happens quickly with CXL. I have always thought Schott does not explain this well enough.

This type of leather is made to do exactly that. I have a jacket made of CXL, and was very dissapointed

to see how fast it went from black to browm.

Hello, sir

First of all, thank you.

I use translation software to read and understand your and the above friends' comments.

Because of the inaccuracy of translation software, I try to understand its meaning.

I like the effect of old clothes. I don't want it to get old too fast. I hope it will grow old with me.

I know this leather contains a lot of oil and wax. I just want to fix the black for a while.

I bought the French SAFIYA, first try to smear the discolored part.

Next, I want to buy croissant oil or barefoot oil to smear the discolored parts!

Hope to continue to exchange learning!

Thanks again!

mozi on 04/05/20 at 11:49 PM

I'm sorry!

Because we have to interpret the web page through translation tools, so the sending is repeated!

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE