ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
gwld

FUNFACT: gwld can unscramble an egg.

519 ozone cleaning option

I found a good deal on a pre-owned Schott 519 from 2017. The leather and lining is in excellent condition, however there is a lingering cooking smell and slight body odor from the previous owner.

There is one tiny spot, smaller than a tack nail, where the top part of the leather is off and it's slightly discolored, but it is not a big deal.

Don's Leather Cleaning in Minneapolis will treat the jacket with ozone to remove the odor for $20. For $54 they will fully recondition jacket which includes the redye and ozone treatment as well.

I used dryer sheets over 96 hours with a fan running and that did not help.

TL;DR
Since the leather is near flawless—and I don't want to change the color of the jacket—I want to try doing only the ozone first. Or should I just do the full conditioning cleaning to make sure all the odor is removed?

If I do the reconditioning I know to tell them to use only natural products and that I'd prefer something like the Otter Wax which Schott sells.

Gail on 05/16/19 at 07:35 AM

I have to be honest I have not heard of a Ozone treatment for a leather jacket. What concerns me is this chemical appears to chnage the color as he is quoting a cost to redye. If the jacket has a body order it needs to be professionally cleaned by a professional leather cleaner to remove the dirt & sweat from the lining. Since I am not fully knowledgeable on all products used in cleaning leather, I think you need to do some research on this Ozone chemical, possibly Google it. In your jacket is also a Leathercare label for Arrow Leather Care, they have a great website and as they are tops in cleaning and refurbishing vintage jackets they could possibly help you with some questions. 

Arrow website: www.arrow-care.com       Customer Service: 1-800-542-7769

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE