ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
Joel35

FUNFACT: Kanye West lets Joel35 finish before giving his opinion.

508 Express maintenance

I just recently picked up a 508 Express in the Sycamore color and I love the waxy look and feel of the leather.  How do I maintain that over time?  I’m sure that will fade and wear off, so is there a product I can put on to maintain that look and feel?

E4482EF260D6423390C3BB3281B96A021.jpeg

Gail on 07/16/19 at 08:35 AM

As with any leather finishes wear off and the feel of the leather will change with wear as the leather breaks in. I can only suggest how to care for the jacket, hopefully maintaining the leather in good condition through the years. I can not also be sure what a previous owner may have applied to the jacket, as the collar appears to have some heavy shading of color. I only recommend that all products applied should be natural products and never apply a water repellent sealant to the jacket. Once the pores of the leather is sealed, conditioning products can not be absorbed which eventually cause the leather to dry rot. We do recommend on our website the Otter Wax products for our jackets. The kit contains Saddle Soap for a light cleaning, Salve which restores the leather, Oil to condition and revive the shine, the Oil is also available as a single purchase. The kit also contains a Boot Wax which is for BOOTS ONLY as it is a sealant, boots are replaced every few years so using a sealant is ok, jackets last for years. With any products always do a test first on a inside band. Store your jacket ina cool place in the hot/humid weather and never cover the jacket in plastic.

Gail

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE