ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR
YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS
KRESSAD

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with KRESSAD, for fear of being burned.

2014 Factory Sale???

It's that time of year and by now we've usually already been notified of the Schott Factory Sale. Will there be one this year? Usually the first Saturday in December. That's only 3 weeks away!!!

Gail on 11/14/14 at 02:03 PM

Yes, the sale is on for the first Saturday in December this year it will be on the 6th. Gail

KRESSAD on 11/14/14 at 02:07 PM

Thank you Gail. I know you are retired but do you make an appearance at the sale? I know a lot of the Schott team are on the floor that day and are always very helpful. Would like to shake your hand and say thank you if I could as I'm sure so many others would too..

Gail on 11/14/14 at 05:44 PM

I will be at the sale, I did retire from Schott last March, but I do go into the office one day a week, reply to the blog questions fom home., and I will still work the sale. I will be working at one of the check out tables and will look forward to meeting you. Gail

Jason_Schott on 11/16/14 at 04:10 PM

Sorry for the delay, the sale mailer will go out starting tomorrow with all the details.

KRESSAD on 11/17/14 at 09:37 AM

No worries man, I'm just glad to hear the sale is on. I have a whole crew of people that start asking me "Is it on?" pretty regularly around this time of year. I tell them to sign up but they never do. They think I'm some kind of "insider". For me, this will be year 5. Looking forward to it.

Djhak on 11/21/14 at 11:33 AM

I am a huge Schott fan, but have never been to the sale. Other than the famous "under $50 room" what should I expect from the sale? Are all styles available? How large are the discounts on 'regular stock' items (i.e., not samples, irregulars, etc)? Thanks for any helpful info.

KRESSAD on 11/21/14 at 12:29 PM

The discounts run the gamut but are always SUBSTANTIAL. 50%+ is not unusual at all. All styles are not available on the racks. A good question for this forum is can a customer ask for an unavailable style at the sale? Will that item be discounted? I've seen folks ask in the past but the early atmosphere is frantic so I never stuck around one spot to see the answer. (As an aside, I'm always hunting for a 650 at this sale and haven't seen one yet. Let this be the year.) Normally you'll walk in past the cashier's table & garment bagger and the leather will be right in front of you. Off to the left in the middle will be wool and synthetics. To the far left is the $50 room. It's always interesting to see what the people in front of you do when they get in. Head to the leather or head to the $50 room? Plan your attack now. Like I said the atmosphere is frantic, not out of hand, just frantic. There is a literal ton of Schott employees who are on the floor willing to help and answer questions. They are proud of their products and appreciate your patronage and they show it. Ask them anything. This is a cash only sale. They had an ATM on site last year but that might change so come prepared. All sales are final so know it fits, be ready to Ebay it, or be ready to walk away. The hardest part of this sale for me is being prepared to wait in the cold while knowing I'm going to be carrying these layers around once I get inside. Hey Schott forum monitors, how about floating the idea of a coat check up the chain of command.!?!? Hope this was helpful to you.

Djhak on 11/21/14 at 01:16 PM

Very helpful. Thank you Kressad Here's hoping there are some 257S's around!

KRESSAD on 11/21/14 at 01:42 PM

Yeah, I'm on the lookout for that 257S too. Never seen one on the sale floor. Several years ago, before they moved out of Elizabeth, a guy on line told me that they had had them the year before. Might have been pulling my leg. Anticipating what's going to be out is part of the fun for me.

Djhak on 11/21/14 at 01:51 PM

Ha. I am really debating if it is worth the 2.5 hour drive for me. I have so many jackets already. The only things I really want to look for (other than samples & irregulars) are a 257S, a 141, and a 141W (maybe a 740C in a tiny size for my wife).

Gail on 11/21/14 at 02:07 PM

First let me say this will be my 33rd. year working at the Schott anual sale and even I never know until the day of the sale what will be on sale. Kressard gave a very good description of what to expect at the sale and yes, the line does form early and usually it is cold. We do have many Schott employees on the floor to help the customers and if you do not see a style or size you need in a style please ask if it is available. As it gets closer to the holidays certain styles, sizes and colors will be out of stock, but we do make our regular stock available if we have stock. As was noted all sales are "cash only" and "final". For the past few years we have had ATM on site for our customer's convenience. Hope to see you all at the sale. Gail

KRESSAD on 11/21/14 at 02:15 PM

Really good chance you're going to see that 740C. The 740s make up a big portion of the wool and synthetics area. I've seen the 141s out before but couldn't tell you how often because I know it's a style/look I just couldn't pull off. I hear you about having so many jackets. Same here. I'm really lucky as I live in the town right next door so I practically roll out of bed and I'm there. Doors are set to open at 8 but by then the line is a 100+ deep regardless of cold weather. In previous years they've opened the doors several minutes early.

Djhak on 11/21/14 at 05:27 PM

Thanks again for all the info guys Gail I hope to see you there. I fell like I know you already from the Forum I probably will not be waiting in line before 8am. If I leave my house at 6am, I'll get there around 830am. That will have to be good enough.

RAFSHEEPSKIN on 11/26/14 at 08:57 PM

Hey Kressad, thanks for all your info on the sale... Im curious about the $50 room-- this is my 1st sale - are there any leather jackets available in the $50 dollar room? thanks

KRESSAD on 11/27/14 at 01:23 AM

I could be wrong but I don't think you'll find all leather jackets in the $50 room. Partial leather jackets (leather sleeves, trim) are a possibility though. I bought my son a varsity style jacket with a black wool body white leather sleeves and a shawl collar that I think was a prototype or foreign market item from the $50 room at last year's sale Very unique and he loves it. $50 room has a lot of sweaters as well as t-shirts and wool/synthetic jackets. Many items are priced lower than $50. Items in the $50 room are on racks in size order but as I'm sure you know, Schott cuts run the gamut so be prepared for a lot of trying on and intense eyeballing if you're buying gifts.

Please Wait While Loading ...
LOADING MORE