White 618?
Watch this Post
Hi Gail, I have just purchased a very clean looking 618 in white, size 50. It has silver hardware, and black quilted lining. Are you able to give me an idea of its age? The gent told me it has "ideal" sleeve zippers? It has the snap button on the back of the neck for a fur collar, do they only come in black these days? Thanks for any help, Ben
Gail on 04/12/13 at 07:40 AM

The first year the 618 in white was produced was in in 1983, then it was not made in white again until the year 1986. In 1990 we offered white in the style 518 which had the Durojac label, then in 1992 in the style 418 with the Durojac label. Any of these years could have had an Ideal zipper so that does not help in confirming the year. The main label in the jacket and the white ticket in the coin pocket can help determine style and age. Gail

Bunyip on 04/12/13 at 07:56 AM
Thanks Gail, its got the perfecto label, made by schott bros nyc, gold stripe with brown outline and a little guy, possibly fonzie on a motorbike. The guy hasnt responded yet with the coin pocket question. Thanks, Ben
Gail on 04/12/13 at 08:09 AM

Based on the Perfecto label it was either made in 1983 or 1986, the pocket label will not tell us much more. Gail

Bunyip on 04/12/13 at 08:19 AM
Thanks! Is black the only fur collar option available these days?
Gail on 04/12/13 at 08:41 AM

We have only offered black in our optional collar. You can have a custom collar made for the jacket in Genuine Mouton Fur in black or brown. We have also made cream collars from the wool side of our sheepskin leather, as in our 257S.

Bunyip on 04/13/13 at 03:03 AM
Hi Gail, aparently cant do it, no jackets from outside USA and also the jacket needs to be sent to you, no worries, will treck on ebay and see how I go! Thanks, Ben