Sizing of a 740N
Watch this Post
I am not able to choose betw. a size 44 which is just a little tight so that I can only wear a shirt or a very thin pullover,but going to a size 46 is no solution it is far too big.But I guess since the 740N is well insulated and I don't live in Alaska I will have to go with the 44.I love Schotts but their sizing could be better.
AngryAtom on 11/06/13 at 02:03 PM
I believe that style of jacket (naval version) is supposed to fit quite large. I have a 740N in 44 which fits well in the shoulders but is quite roomy compared to my other Schott jackets or other size 44 jackets in general. I find Schotts to typically be very accurate with sizes though you should expect that certain types of jackets are designed to fit a certain way. There is also a slim fit version that is a more modern fit. Similar to what they did with the 613 and the 118. If you don't like the larger fit try the DU704I.
Gail on 11/07/13 at 10:24 AM

We do offer several variations of the peacoat style and some do have a slimmer fit. We do not advise or address sizing on jackets on our blog, as sizing inquiries can become extensive in questions for the different styles. Also when we are very busy we always do not get to reply to the blog inquiries daily as we are replying to the email inquiries first.

We are more then happy to help you with your sizing inquiries by contacting our customer service with an email. Please include in your email the jacket style you are interested in and your measurements. Measurements should include chest, sleeve, waist and height.

Email: customerservice@schottnyc.com