new 618 perfecto sizing observations
Watch this Post
Hello all, Received my new perfecto 618 classic steerhide and it is amazingly beautiful. I Did Not size up as they suggest to do. My chest inflated measures around 36, so I ordered a 36 and it provides the snug (not overly) fit I was looking for. It is more snug aroung my stomach than chest, so if you have a large gut may be uncomfortable. The arms are fine in length and not too baggy. fyi I am thin 5 ft 10.5 160 lbs. Try to not to be concerned over the stiffness (of the jacket). I have been wearing the jacket since I got it an hour ago and it is already loosening up but it looked distorted when I put it on and it is not exactly comfortable initially. For comparison I have been wearing a 1970s Excelled size 38 and this jacket size 36 does appear to be similar vintage sizing scale as it is smaller that the vintage Excelled size 38. Hope this info helps someone. Happy holidays and peace to my leather clad brothers and sisters
Gail on 12/12/13 at 01:59 PM

Just a quick note on measuring your chest, do not inflate your chest, but measure as relaxed. Taking a deep breathe to measure is not your actual chest size, so it may cause you to order a jacket that does not fit, based on a larger chest measurement.  Gail

fish4poi on 12/12/13 at 02:09 PM
Thanks, I guess I got lucky then! Have a great season