Mint Condition Early 80s 418?
Watch this Post

WIth the help of Gail and Jerri, I found a perfectly-sized 418 which, I believe, is from the early to mid 1980s based on information available in the forum posts. It has a Robin main zip, Emar sleeve zips, mitred buckle and no fur collar snap. The problem is, it is in such good condition I was afraid it was a forgery. Lining is pristine with no signs of wear or prolonged storage. I applied one coat of oil and it sat on top of the leather for several days before I buffed it out, so I'm thinking it was in good condition. Very stiff at first, but breaking in nicely after six days. As my first Schott, I intended this jacket to be used for heavy three-season riding and didn't want to subject a Perfecto to that abuse (though I'm sure it would take it). But, if this jacket is authentic, I almost hate to make it a riding jacket. But I'm going to!

Gail on 05/13/13 at 08:04 AM

After seeing your photos I now undestand this jacket does not seem like it was even worn. The pocket lining looks so clean, this appears to be a jacket that was purchased but not worn. Gail

Goggles on 05/13/13 at 08:05 PM

I thought the same thing, Gail. Amazing shape if it really is from the early 1980s. Has to be a great jacket.

Gail on 05/14/13 at 07:00 AM

Yes, it is from that time, aswe hav not used this label since then. Gail