LC 2142
Watch this Post

Any chance this Schott Europe jacket or anything like it will be available this year in the U.S. market?

Gail on 02/25/13 at 08:27 AM

We offer similar styles now in our line, but without the quilt lining. I have not seen the full line yet for 2013, but as we have stock in the new styles they will be posted on the site.

TheGoodThief on 02/25/13 at 09:21 AM

Great!  Hope it's on the site by fall.

Gail on 02/25/13 at 09:46 AM

Please note I am not sure if this same style will be offered. We now have similar styles already in our line but they have light weight linings. The only jacket similar to this style is the 641 which does have a quilt lining. We will be offering new styles in our motorcycle styles but I cannot confirm how close to thisexact style our new styles will be. Gail

TheGoodThief on 02/25/13 at 10:34 AM

Well, I hope it's close.  Something casual with less padding than the 135 (an excellent jacket, I wear mine all the time in cold weather) would be nice for fall or spring.

TheGoodThief on 02/25/13 at 10:38 AM

Gail -- Didn't Schott offer a lightweight, fairly unadorned (no zippers, buckles, etc.) black leather jacket a few years ago?  As I recall it had slash pockets on the side but no breast pocket; I think the only decoration was the "Schott" brand name very subtly embossed on the chest.

Gail on 02/25/13 at 11:07 AM

I am not sure what jacket you are referring to as we have not done embossing on jackets for several years. I went to our european distributors site and viewed the LC2142 and it appeared to have a quilt lining like our 135 style, also listed was a LC2142B which I really could not see the type of lining. We have several similar jackets on our website that have light weight cotton linings. The style 654 is the closest in styling but it does not have the top pocket. Gail

TheGoodThief on 02/25/13 at 11:22 AM

You know, I'm probably misusing tyhe word embossing.  The jacket I remember from like five years ago was a plain black leather jacket, unlined much, I think and the Schott name was imprinted in the leather in relief.  It was really a nice, simple jacket.  As I recall it would have been good for a bike but did not scream biker.  The European LC2142 seems similar, although I see it has zipper sleeves and buckles on the back, a little like one of your competitors' jackets.

I don't mean to be obssessive on this, it's just the LC2142 hints at such a simple, clean look.

Gail on 02/25/13 at 11:48 AM

Embossing is the correct term, but I do not recall any jacket without a lining. We did do last year a jacket for Restoration Hardwear which was a special and limited edition jacket for that company. It was made without a lining as they requested, but did not have any embossing. This is a very basic style which we have done in several variations through the years in the different leathers, lining and small changes in detail of the style.Your best option may just be to order the L2142 from their website as it seems the style you really want.  Gail