Just got my 118 (Help!)
Watch this Post

Is the leather pre-conditioned? Any special tips for care or cleaning? OR should i just let it be? What if i get caught in the rain?

Gail on 04/18/13 at 10:20 AM

Your jacket is a Naked Leather, we actually recommend nothing to be put on the jacket. If you feel you need to put something on the leather, we would only recommend Saddle Soap for a light cleaning or Mink Oil to keep the leather moist and retain a soft hand. Naked cowhide has no finish allowing the oils to surface conditioning the jacket. All products will be completely absorbed into the pores.

Caution: These products may cause shading or cause the leather to darken, this is the reason we do not like to recommend a product for naked leather. Naked leather has no finish, allowing any product to be absorbed into the leather. In naked leather because it has no finish the natural oils are allowed to naturally keep the jacket moist and retain a soft hand. Products can cause the leather to also become stiff as they are coating the leather not allowing the natural oils to surface. Never use a product that contains silicone or a water repellent product as this seals the leather. Leather needs to breath, these products will cause the leather to become dry and rot.  When applying any product to leather always test the product first on a none visibly area for any discoloration, shading, spotting or darkening of the leather. Never cover any leather jacket with plastic as the leather needs to breath. If the jacket becomes wet, wipe the jacket down removing the excess water and hang to air dry. In addition we recommend that the jacket be periodically professional clean and conditioned, this helps the leather from drying and the stitches and linings from deteriorating from dirt and sweat. Gail

tomh1188 on 04/19/13 at 11:54 AM

Awesome advice. Thanks!